Maglite XL100 Owner's Club

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
The low mode for the XL50 is 25% and for the XL100 is 8%, so the XL50 low mode spec doesn't apply to the XL100. The actual low mode runtime would be at least 201 hours.

StageofHistory

Newly Enlightened
That's great news! I must of got confused - I thought the specs were the same with the new emitter at both ends. We've got the best of both worlds! Thanks for the good word. Time to enjoy The Evil Dead!

bigguy02

Newly Enlightened
Just bought one today, I intend to use it as a backup to the Quark 123^2 that should show up in the mail tomorrow, anyways its SN# is 100000000433 Seams pretty low to me. So far I am really liking it.

Lightdadark

Newly Enlightened
XL100 000315501 checking in. I love this light, the UI is brilliant. The Zzzz mode blows my mind.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All!
Has anyone ever run their XL-100 with Energizer Lithiums, it's getting rather cold here in Austin?

chiphead

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
I conducted a runtime test with the XL200 on L92, but haven't gotten around to doing it with the XL50 or XL100 yet. Works fine, although using NiMH would be more economical.

Ki113rMi113r

Newly Enlightened
I have had my XL100 SN#XL100 000117765 for about two years. I love it is on my person from morning to the time I go to bed. It has some scratches and nicks but it works fine. I had only one issue with it. The tail cap switch must of went bad because I had to hold the tail cap switch down to keep the light on. I sent in about a month ago and got it back Wednesday. they replaced the red switch and it works fine. The only thing is that the little bump on the switch cover is no longer there, to tell where the dimming feature is. I get a hold of Mag and and ask for a replacement tail switch. I am thinking about getting a XL200 or a Fenix E11 so any input would be great.

rontaki

Newly Enlightened
I have had my XL100 SN#XL100 000117765 for about two years. I love it is on my person from morning to the time I go to bed. It has some scratches and nicks but it works fine. I had only one issue with it. The tail cap switch must of went bad because I had to hold the tail cap switch down to keep the light on. I sent in about a month ago and got it back Wednesday. they replaced the red switch and it works fine. The only thing is that the little bump on the switch cover is no longer there, to tell where the dimming feature is. I get a hold of Mag and and ask for a replacement tail switch. I am thinking about getting a XL200 or a Fenix E11 so any input would be great.

I have had an XL100 for some time now, and glued a small piece of "lizard skin" type sandpaper to the flat part of the tailcap near the Dimming icon so i could easily index that function in the dark. This works OK, but still not easy to do quickly, nor if gloves or cold temperatures are compromising the feeling in your fingers.

Having purchased an XL200 with the function selected by pushing and holding, I am delighted, er, relighted by the absolute ease which with I can change the brightness. It is very easy to select the blinking mode, and to change its rate using a double-click of the switch.
Now I find myself automatically using those moves on the XL100 and wondering why it went bonkers, until I realize I'm not holding the XL200.

I haven't used a Fenix E11, so cannot provide comparison with it. I am happy with my XL200 and will consider them as gifts to non-flashaholics. I think they'd be happy with the throw, and would find the dimming easy to use.

Xpress

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to bump, I bought my dad one for Fathers day. He loves it, going to come in handy at his job (as a fire Chief). I liked the thing so much I bought one, incredibly neat flashlight, and decently bright.

The Ghost

Newly Enlightened
Had my XL 100 come up missing so I had to buy another. new SN.# 100000004533
Also picked up the XL 200, SN.# XL200 000032797

Glad I picked up the 200 it is much brighter than the 100. I will use both on regular basis as they are great lights for the cost.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the XL200 because the user interface on the XL100 is so stupid.

I am glad they got rid of having to look where the writing is to get the modes you want.

I don't want to upset the XL100 owners, but have you guys actually tried the XL200?

You will see what I mean with that motion control interface.

Go the XL200.

Cheers