• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Manker U21vn - 26650 Thrower

flybird

Newly Enlightened
I have never access to postimage before, but let me try again. Hope it works.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does the Stock SR52UT look like the superior thrower in those comparison beamshots...

Im so confused now lol.

The pee green tint is kinda meh and the beam sort of has two merging into one, and it seems to be the same output from my eyes.

Hopefully he can clarify the real life differences from his eyes when he took those shots, what the 100k diff lux looks like.

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it just me or does the Stock SR52UT look like the superior thrower in those comparison beamshots...

Im so confused now lol.

The pee green tint is kinda meh and the beam sort of has two merging into one, and it seems to be the same output from my eyes.

Hopefully he can clarify the real life differences from his eyes when he took those shots, what the 100k diff lux looks like.

Mega throwers are always going to have that darkspot in the center in the beam for longer distances than lights that throw less. It's because the beam is so optimized for long distance, that it doesn't fully focus for a while, so you'll see a dark-spot in the center of the beam before it finally comes into one several feet out. By that same token, whenever the light is on, you'll see a dark-spot in the center of the glass lens, almost as if the light has condensation in it; but fear not, that's just the beam not being fully focused.

Just last night at the arts festival in a park I was at, the staff brought a little portable searchlight into the park, and it threw so long and so intensely that it lit up the top of a skyscraper that was 2 mils away. The darkspot in that beam must have lasted at least a good 100 feet before the beam finally fully focused.

The SR52UT has a slightly larger reflector than the U21vn, and with both having the same XPL LED in there, the beam on the SR52UT is going to be smaller and more focused, but it won't be as bright as the U21vn. The smaller and more focused beam can give the illusion of longer throw, but I can definitely see that the beam of the U21vn is brighter than the SR52UT.

The tint of the U21vn is greenish, yes, but it's definitely not that green in person. Cameras tend to exaggerate tint differences of beams when the're both in the same picture.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh what would be the numbers for the XPG2 model if you want with the highest flux bin?

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the XPG2 S4 PDT is slightly green compared to the usual XPG PDT, I and the numbers were a decent gain, I would consider paying extra for a super cherry picked PDT. The XPG2 S4 PDT would have to hit like 1000 lumen and 350k lux or something though.

NICSAK

Enlightened
Got my xpg2 version today and I have to say this thing is AWESOME!! I can see why he said it was magical! I'll post some beamshots in an hour when I get home.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my xpg2 version today and I have to say this thing is AWESOME!! I can see why he said it was magical! I'll post some beamshots in an hour when I get home.
Got mine today also. I love this size and the throw is incredible. Vinh has done it again. Love this light. Fits in the pocket and a true rocket:) very happy!!

flybird

Newly Enlightened
Nice pics Nic. One question, is the tint shift toward yellowish/greenish as in XPL PDT ?
Judging from the pics look to be cool white , doesn't it?

flybird

Newly Enlightened

Not sure if close up pic below will help answer you ( it kind of blur when I crop the pic ) but my eyes see that U21vn has more intense hot spot at the buuilding than SR52.
If the distance is farther than in the pic, I am sure U21vn throw better than SR52.

R_U21_vs_SR52_close_up.jpg
[/URL]upload photos[/IMG]