Maratac AAA Q5

Status
Not open for further replies.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: County Comm Maratac AAA Q5

Sounds like a battery crusher style...

What makes you think this? Do you think these lumens are rated OTF? These look to be a great alternative for the LD01, I love the look of the black one with that clip, great find!

Marduke

Flashaholic

1) that length savings had to come from somewhere
2) in the video I heard a certhlump with no springback when he inserted the cell

but I am just guessing here, I could be wrong. But I suspect a foam ring on the head side.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast

1) that length savings had to come from somewhere
2) in the video I heard a certhlump with no springback when he inserted the cell

but I am just guessing here, I could be wrong. But I suspect a foam ring on the head side.

Gotcha, thanks! I certainly do hope you are wrong, but I doubt it. I'll still most likely get one anyway.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast

The knurling looks nice as does the price.

Mr. kydex

Newly Enlightened

I emailed County Comm and asked if the Maratac AAA light will take NiMh or lithium batteries and if there is a spring inside the light. They replied; "Yes they will ...". Not sure what that means . I think they were just responding to the battery question.

Edit:

Good news, They replied again saying "Yes and Yes it will run on Both ..And It has a real spring inside". :twothumbs

Last edited:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast

Edit:

Good news, They replied again saying "Yes and Yes it will run on Both ..And It has a real spring inside". :twothumbs

Yippy! I just e-mailed them earlier asking about the spring, I'm really happy to hear it does have one. I'm totally down with this light!!! AND I'll actually have some money to spend tommorow, it doesn't happen often much when there's a light just released that I like so much and I actually have the money for it.

Last edited:

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maratac AAA light at CC.

This might just be the light I have been waiting for. Haven't ordered yet though.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just got my response: "Yes a real Spring .. Not a piece of Foam... This is Not A battery Cruncher .." Looks like they knew exactly where that was going lol. I also forgot to ask about using a 10440.

marcoc

Newly Enlightened
Re: Maratac AAA Q5 Flashlight

Ok, I did do a search...twice...couldn't find the earlier thread. Anyways...does anyone have this yet. Impressions please. Thanks.

Marco

Marduke

Flashaholic

Now there are a total of 3 threads...

Try searching for maratac in titles only, or simply look on the front page of General...

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim

I only found two threads so far and most of the info within is about the number of threads on this topic. :whistle:Anyone own this light if so how is it?

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim

I expanded the search beyond LED flashlights to General Flashlight Discussion.

Think I found the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.