Maratac AAA Q5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Re: County Comm Maratac AAA Q5

Hope to see some reviews on this. Glad to hear about the spring. I don't like the sound of A battery Cruncher.

Dan FO

Enlightened

I have found that Maratac has quality products made to strict standards. I think this one might be made by Tiablo ........

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have found that Maratac has quality products made to strict standards. I think this one might be made by Tiablo ........

I'm really glad to read that. Hopefully I'll be able to get mine soon and I might make it my first review.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Everything looks good except the $8.00 shipping. If anyone has a relationship with the CountyComm guys, maybe they could be persuaded to offer a "CPF Special"? :whistle:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast

Everything looks good except the $8.00 shipping. If anyone has a relationship with the CountyComm guys, maybe they could be persuaded to offer a "CPF Special"? :whistle:

Maybe we all could persuade them:devil:. Maybe just a special to cut down shipping for orders with just the Maratac and nothing else. What do you guys think?

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*

I placed my order for this light last night and as always could not simply buy one lone item from them. I always end up buying several things as they do have some neat stuff. I got a breacher bar, the new nylon thin wallet, a few key chain cables, several of the P38 keychain can openers and a few other toys.

As far as the light is concerned I do not remember where I have seen the body style however it seems as if I have seen it before. It was on CPF somewhere and a search of 1-AAA Cree Q5 did not show anything. It does resemble the Tiablo however is different in many ways also. Anyone have an idea if this light has been reviewed here before?

I like the size and the simple 3 stages of output. I would rather have a simple one level light however at least this one does not have strobe nor S.O.S. mode. If it is indeed a Q5 it sounds to be a good deal at the price listed. Now the wait begins for the UPS man....

It does not say in the instructions as to the voltage limits and I am not sure if I would want to try a 10440 in mine when it arrives.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic

Anyone interested in starting a Group Buy in the Marketplace?

Yes, I am interested in this. I think I'll give them a call first thing in the morning to see they'd be willing to take the bite out off the CC purchase.

gorn

Enlightened

I ordered the Maratac 9290 AA light two days ago. It arrived about 20 minutes ago. I think it is made by Olight. My initial impression of this light is very positive. Great anodizing. It uses the Olight infinium adjustment from 6 to 190.

I will have to order the AAA. If it is even close to the 9290 in quality it will be well worth the price.

1 what

Enlightened

Curses:hairpull:!!
I hate it when you guys find an interesting product or supplier and then I discover that they won't ship to Australia. We're not that far away.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Considering the LD01's runtime on a Eneloop is about 55 minutes to 50% (lightreviews) and about 25 min on a Rayovac alk. (Chao's runtime test), 62 lumens for 48 minutes on a Duracell alk. (County Comm) sound like it isn't as bright/driven as hard as the LD01, but that's not necessarily a bad thing if you want a longer running light.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light looks interesting, the price might make it a super gift light. If the quality is closer to Fenix than the dollar store lights we'll have a winner.

I ordered a few, so I'll have a few for the marketplace. I seem to remember County Comm can be a bit slow at shipping. They are part of a larger order so that might further delay things.

hail

Newly Enlightened
I don't know why, but I'm a sucker for single aaa lights. This one looks
good so bye bye $$$.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered one for me and one for my Dad. He is always looking for a light and they are either somewhere he can't find or running out of batteries so I think this one will throw enough light for his handy man ways and always be with him.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast

I ordered the Maratac 9290 AA light two days ago. It arrived about 20 minutes ago. I think it is made by Olight. My initial impression of this light is very positive. Great anodizing. It uses the Olight infinium adjustment from 6 to 190.

I will have to order the AAA. If it is even close to the 9290 in quality it will be well worth the price.

A little OT: but I think that one is a rebranded iTP. I'm not sure if we know who is behind the manufacturing of that line, they might have connections with OLight. There are a lot of connections, we really don't know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.