MAXABLASTER BEAMSHOTS

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are working on a 250 watt HID (metal Halide, not short arc Xenon) to run on 24/28 VDC, over 22,000 lumens bulb output. We will be using a premium quality Electroformed reflector on this project. 6 or 8 inches (preferred) diameter reflector. It is also hot restrikeable. This project should be "ready for primetime" within 6 months. The testing we have done so far, it very obviously lights up the mountainside well over 1.5 miles away. No vision enhancement needed to see it with the naked eye.

Last edited:

liteitup

Newly Enlightened
We are working on a 250 watt HID (metal Halide, not short arc Xenon) to run on 24/28 VDC, over 22,000 lumens bulb output. We will be using a premium quality Electroformed reflector on this project. 6 or 8 inches (preferred) diameter reflector. It is also hot restrikeable. This project should be "ready for primetime" within 6 months. The testing we have done so far, it very obviously lights up the mountainside well over 1.5 miles away. No vision enhancement needed to see it with the naked eye.

thats why you guys forgot about the barnburner huh? gonna make the barnburner look like a candle... lol

get-lit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm quite shure it's about 76% in the visible region and higher in the near infrared..

I spoke with a manufacturer rep, and the actual reflectance of the coatings is much more than the stated reflectance. This is because the stated reflectance has to include reflectance at great incident angles. Most coatings reflect nearly all light under direct reflection. So with search light reflectors with angles of incidence within 45 degrees, the stated reflectance values don't have much bearing. Rhodium offers tremendous UV protection with very little actual light loss, so rest assured that it's surely the best choice.

get-lit

Flashlight Enthusiast
My new all-time favorite picture!

blvsbeamhighcpf0108ai9.jpg

Watts Up!

Newly Enlightened
What a beautiful light! Wish you had plans to make these into production units I really need one of these! You would sell a lot of them just think you could retire early.:party::thumbsup:

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a beautiful light! Wish you had plans to make these into production units I really need one of these! You would sell a lot of them just think you could retire early.:party::thumbsup:

I think not...Because when I want to sell a lot of them, I spent years making them. And then there are the expensive ingredients.. No, that way, early retirement is out of the question..

Unless you pay me 15,000 USD each of cource..

Regards,

Ra.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
LOL, careful there, Ra - I've been following Watts Up's posts with interest, and I can tell you he has been bitten by this bug! You may find him making an offer...! :laughing: