Michael Jackson has died

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Latest bit of rating-grabbing reporting is the possibility that MJ was murdered. Nothing like being at work, and hearing that on the radio.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
If you think about how long the JFK and Princess Di stories have survived in tabloid journalism, it gives you some perspective on how long the cheesy conspiracy theories about MJ will last. Which is probably forever.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Previously unreleased footage of the infamous 1984 Pepsi commercial shoot where a pyrotechnic effect went off too early and set his hair on fire. He didn't even realize it for several seconds as he continued to dance.
:eek:

Man, I would feel horrible for anyone that happened to. It appears he had some type of flammable hair dressing on, as that spread like gasoline was on his head.

Patriot

Flashaholic
He still looked half way normal in that video. I guess that was before a lot of his odd surgeries and skin bleaching activities. It seems to me that the guy was full of talent, yet lived a tragic life. Kinda sad really.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Actually I saw the same thing happen in my own family when Dad died. He had a huge workshop, mostly for woodworking...but a lifetime of handyman tools. There was a ferocious scuffle among the other brothers, and brothers-in-law to grab his prized tools. It made me so nauseous, I just left and have not talked to two of them since.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Actually I saw the same thing happen in my own family when Dad died. He had a huge workshop, mostly for woodworking...but a lifetime of handyman tools. There was a ferocious scuffle among the other brothers, and brothers-in-law to grab his prized tools. It made me so nauseous, I just left and have not talked to two of them since.

I'm sorry to hear that. Would be nice if folks could set aside their greed for the sake of such a terrible event as the passing of a loved one.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
A couple of my relative's passings resulted in pretty ugly situations like this. My grandmother was so bothered by it that she made up an itemized list of every item she owned (even used decks of playing cards) and designated a recipient for everything before she passed. Seemed like overkill, but I appreciated the lack of bickering when her estate was split up.