Mini-maglite goes for $672 at auction

I_rv_too

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I can't figure this out. I was out surfing the internet, looking for the proverbial Gold plated mini-maglite ... and thought I found it.

I found an auction, where, by all appearances, a light called a Maglite (later a Magnacraft) sold at an auction for $672.

Can anybody tell me why?

US$672 maglite?

hm ... maybe THEY know something WE do not know ...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

yeah and when they try to return it there's a $134.40 restocking fee..
..good business if you can get it.

Well, it said it was from an estate sale ... so I was thinking maybe it was one of the first AA Maglites or something ... but still, US$672 ???

And the batteries are POWEER?

I thought maybe one of you super collectors could shed some light. (pun intended).

Maybe "some flashlight company" bought it to use as "evidence" in a patent infringement law suit?

Empty beer can for $19,300; P,B & J sandwich for $43; MiniMag for $672..... Sounds like normal inflation to me. :^) TX

The high bidder (actually 2 because someone had to bid $671), couldn't remember the difference between inches ' and feet ". Being aluminum it only takes 2 people to carry it.

Notice the seller is a 'new user'. It seems to be like a person with two aliases or having a buddy bid on an item to boost transaction numbers for the seller. Not uncommon on eBlow either.

This "Twoballs" guy will definetly change his handle to "Oneball" after he pays that much for a minimag.

Alex

i have seen a plastic bic biro go for 700 dollars. apparantly it was actually a pound of northern lights weed. wonder how many dealers do their business this way?

It was especially valuable to this guy becuase he saw a vision of Elvis in the beam pattern...

What the article doesn't say is if it was old Vegas Elvis, or young Elvis /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Ok, time to fess up. Who here bought it? This forum is the only place on the earth where you'd find anybody that would pay that kind of money for a flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gee maybe it is a special Elvis edition or something. I think if it were solid gold it would be cheeper. Maybe that guy should go back for his change or at least ask the seller if he will throw in free shipping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif