Music to the Marrow (To What Are You Listening?)

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Re: "Candle Power" by Steve Vai

That must be some custom one-off Ibanez, it has a handle like a JEM but no other JEM features whatsoever, very confusing. I wonder what all this bending sounds like with effects..

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Music to the Marro (To What Are You Listening?)

Even watching him play.... so beautiful! Steve Vai and Joe Satriani are incredible guitarists and if anyone hasn't listened to at least one album from them, holy moly are you missing out!!!!

Nobody thinks the best guitarists ever are still playing, but here they are!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Greta

Flashaholic

I usually only listen to music when I'm cruising around in the Slingshot. Doing housework, I listen to audiobooks. Working in my office, I just have TV on some news channel for background noise.

But today... five minutes of the news channel and I wanted to kick a puppy. So I searched the channels on my TV and found the music channels. And landed on "Jukebox Oldies". Seriously... I am enjoying the hell out of it!! Even went and downloaded a few of the songs to my phone playlist... for future Slingshot cruising... :D

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

We used to almost always have some news on the radio or the TV for background. I'm like you, Greta - I can't take 5 minutes of news anymore without feeling my blood pressure spike! I'm 62 and have lately found a new appreciation for the early (and later, too) Beatles tunes. I have Bose Soundlinks all over the house and love to stream Sirius/XM channel 18, the Beatles Channel. When you think about all the techno that used in producing music today, you have a renewed appreciation for the decidedly old school of their production and their ability to make music with just their talent.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

We used to almost always have some news on the radio or the TV for background. I'm like you, Greta - I can't take 5 minutes of news anymore without feeling my blood pressure spike! I'm 62 and have lately found a new appreciation for the early (and later, too) Beatles tunes. I have Bose Soundlinks all over the house and love to stream Sirius/XM channel 18, the Beatles Channel. When you think about all the techno that used in producing music today, you have a renewed appreciation for the decidedly old school of their production and their ability to make music with just their talent.

+1. A band that stopped playing 50 years ago but continues to gather next generation fans is impressive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Star, another trick like that and you're out of here.

After more than twelve years here you already know the limits placed on political trolling. As an active member of the Underground you know fully the right place for that rhetoric.

It's deleted here. - Empath

StagMoose

Enlightened
Been steady rocking out to Sturgill Simpson's Sound & Fury. It's different from previous albums, but all his albums are different from another. But it combines a lot of great musical styles well. Is also paired with a short film of the same name on the Netflix if one was interested. It is a violent dystopian anime piece but superbly done with the album.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
After more than twelve years here you already know the limits placed on political trolling. As an active member of the Underground you know fully the right place for that rhetoric.

It's deleted here. - Empath

Actually I wasn't aware that there was a political review process for pieces of art; this is especially bad news for Pete Seeger and Rage Against The Machine fans, and surprising since someone had just posted Bob Dylan on the previous page. But it's good that everyone is warned now.

I was going to post Billie Holiday's "Strange Fruit", but this isn't the place for that kind of music.

-------------------------------

Edit added by Greta: I've pretty much had enough of this nonsense and your games. I think it's time for you to take a break from here. Two weeks should do it. Stay well!