Need good throw, 6-8", idiot proof.

Revvy

Newly Enlightened
I am again looking to buy lights for four guys in my unit. We do inspections and beach patrols, and I'm in need of a light that I can spot something down range clearly at 600-800 feet. It would help if the flashlight could be used to "point" at something rather than just putting light everywhere.

Batteries. I'm open to anything, but I don't want something that will burn down the base if left on a charger over night.

Size. 6-8" would be fine. Nothing too small, but still needs to slide into a pocket.

Price. Under a 100$.

Please help!

Bob Damon

Enlightened
There are many lights that can meet your criteria of price and distance, but these lights are not made for the rigors of professional use. The Surefire UB3T would be a great fit, but it is closer to $400.
The Malkoff Devices Hound Dog, a little over your budget might work, they are well built and have a long throw.
To get an idea of the lights available that can throw 600-800 feet, you can read this review of the Armytek Barracuda and several very similar lights, including the Surefire UB3T.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?364279

Revvy

Newly Enlightened
The surefire may work perfect. Pretty sure they're on GSA. Thanks for the heads up.