Need Recommendation for Illuminating a Volleyball Court

TimLisowski

Newly Enlightened
Hello - I'm new to the world of illumination and could use some insight! I am attempting to figure out what I would need to light up a volleyball court... courts around where I live in the city are few and far between and highly populated during daytime hours - some friends and I were looking at starting up some games towards nighttime but need a way to light the court. The courts are 60 feet long by 30 feet wide approximately - would like to have some perimeter lighting as well, so let's just assume 100 feet long by 50 feet wide. The net is approximately 8 feet high, so we'd need to keep that in mind as well if we'll be lighting it from off to the side instead of right above.

Thanks to anyone for suggestions on appropriate lights and/or if there are any usual standard ways to raise lights into the air without using existing trees or poles, etc.

Thank you!
Tim Lisowski

ven

Flashaholic
:welcome:have a look at the Niwalker mm15

Takes 4x18650 cells which need to be of high quality.If you are new to li ion cells then have a read up on them,how to look after them,charging wise and safety side(lots of info on here)

It has a threaded mount for tripod,so could be used on that set up.

The highest setting would not be recommended left unattended!!!! so the 2000lm mode for example would be more appropriate for example or even the 800lm should be sufficient.

Specs of standard light

size idea

So please read up if you do consider this or for that matter any li ion cell light:)

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
and/or if there are any usual standard ways to raise lights into the air without using existing trees or poles, etc.

Parrot AR drone.

Or tethering a small balloon.

We used to do this for night tennis. We would mount the lights on the umpires chair, and we had lights. Lots of them. Angle was a bit too low and you would lose the high balls but it made for interesting matches.

ven

Flashaholic
Thank you joe:),its the floodyist(no such word) :laughing: light i know other than a mule.

eaglemax

Newly Enlightened
Builders tripod lamps are used in the UK for buildings where there is no power, you can charge them off your builders van.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Thank you joe:),its the floodyist(no such word) :laughing: light i know other than a mule.

I like the fact that it has SOME reflector in it. I built a P60 dropin mule for myself, and found that I don't really have any use for it. :crazy: they just throw light everywhere, and you need a ton of lumen output to get any reach out of them.

ven

Flashaholic
If its not raining(yeh right in the UK) I will do my best for some pics tomorrow night if possible up at the marina,or next chance i get.I will take the tn35vn too for some comparison pics.Mist or not the mm15vn should be fine as last time it effected past 200m............ i would expect the mm15vn to reach most of that that and flood it.

Edit-can just see the mount in pic on left side of light.......need to find my tripod at home

Last edited:

eaglemax

Newly Enlightened
If its not raining(yeh right in the UK) I will do my best for some pics tomorrow night if possible up at the marina,or next chance i get.I will take the tn35vn too for some comparison pics.Mist or not the mm15vn should be fine as last time it effected past 200m............ i would expect the mm15vn to reach most of that that and flood it.

Edit-can just see the mount in pic on left side of light.......need to find my tripod at home

It rains often in your country but I look good to see your torch pics. Easy to get job here.