Need suggestion on AA Luxeon

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
paulr: "All SL lumen ratings are inflated by about 75%. If they say 30 lumens they mean about 17."

The specs for the SL Jr. Luxeon indicate 1 hour of battery life, so it implies a fairly bright light. If not, the immediate question arises: is it readily moddable? If so, the Sandwich Shoppe might come out with some interesting mods in addition to the regular MM units.

I definitely prefer the SL body over the M*g MM.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I understand that sandwiches have been dismissed....

But just in case anyone is considering one, based on what I know/have heard, you want a Lux3.

Supposedly (I don't have a single L3) they have a much whiter beam than is the norm (Mine in a MM is quite blue - the KL3 on a G2 I have is PINK!) in 1W Luxs.

My MM/Mini was my EDC for a while, but got replaced by a G2, then (and current) an SL TT2L. Yeah, very blue LEDs, but decent Xenon backup.

I have what I THINK is a 1W in a Milkbone that Milky made for me (I think I thought/asked for L3, but got L1) that is awfully nice of beam coloration and shape!

Of all the lights I've dog walked with, the Milkbone was the closest to being the only light I needed (of LED only lights). I find an SL 3CXP LED/Xenon a bit heavy and big, but a NICE dog walk light.

I really would see if you can get Milky to make you a Milkbone! Or see what Elektrolumens can do for you!

Latest posts