New Arc AAA-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

batman

Enlightened
Just got my Arc AAA-P in the mail last night. I love it. Brighter than the LEDs on my A2 and small, light, currently attached to my keychain. My friends made fun of me for spending 40 dollars on a keychain light though. But I don't care, this light is going everywhere with me like yoda with a little light saber for his little hands.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one recently from Lighthound. I like it:) I believe I paid $50 for it (grumbles) but it's not so bad with the exchange rate here in the UK. I attached mine to the neck strap from a USB memory thing. Wearing it round my neck, I think of mine more as the 'Light of (whatever it was called)' from Lord of the rings that Frodo uses to scare away the big spider.

seaward

Newly Enlightened
Awesome little light! used mine to light up the inside of my tend while camping last night..By far my most used "general use" light.

leprechaun414

Enlightened
:twothumbs This is a great light. If anyone is looking for a keychain light I would say this is a good deal. If I ever see a sale or someone selling one in the future I might have to pick up another one:naughty:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay okay okay... I'll try the new AAA-P. Now...

I've had an old one since they came out and it is the neck carry of choice. Don't entirely understand why but there you are. It's an ARC. That's all there is to it!

Looking forward to a brighter future...Lighthound, here I come!!!

(Monkeyboy - great to see someone else in UK with one!!! - :goodjob:)

Be lucky...

benp1

Newly Enlightened
I picked one up too. Got it through the other day. We must've paid the same price, $50 incl shipping to the UK, although i bought mine straight from Arc.

Still haven't had the chance to use it properly, to be honest I don't NEED a torch like this, I didn't use my photon that much, just wanted one, saw how much everyone raved about them..... ended up biting the bullet. VERY HAPPY :)

I also bought some energiser lithiums off ebay, 4 AAAs for £2, bargain!

icecube

Newly Enlightened
Nyctophiliac,

You might find you might have a new shelf queen...:p

It's bright enough for you to work on a car at semi-darkness...:p

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is Arc able to deliver on time yet? Mine took about six weeks from order. Despite the very blue beam, it is my most used light for the same reason my little compact digital camera gets more use then my expensive DSLR, simply because it is with me all the time.

Did I read somewhere the newer Arc P's beam is not quite so blue?

icecube

Newly Enlightened
Usually, unless they get slammed.

I found all 3 of my Arcs to be fine, you hardly notice it when you need a light.

Haz

Enlightened
geepondy said:
Did I read somewhere the newer Arc P's beam is not quite so blue?

Yes, the new ones has a whiter beam, however it produces slightly less lumens to the old ones due to the phosphor coating, which is used to make the beam whiter.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Icecube,

What actually is a 'shelf queen'?

Is it a light that is very expensive,bright,highest technology etc, and you'd hate to lose it? Therefore it sits on your shelf/inyour drawer/under your pillow and never sees the light of day (or the Dark of Night Bwahahahaha)?

I would say that the arc AAA-P (and the other ARCs) deserve to be used and abused in EDC type duty - I'm sure they can take it!!!

You should see how worn the old AAA-P that I have around my neck now has become. I may get around to posting a pic.

I ordered the new one yesterday. Lighthound has already posted it!!!

Gosh they're good!!!!!!

Be lucky... ARCOHOLIC!

benp1

Newly Enlightened
I've never used lighthound, to be honest I never really ordered any torches before like this. What are the advantages of using someone like lighthound over going direct?

The only reason I went direct was because I wanted some spare o-rings and foam pads and it seemed to make sense at the time. I'm not disputing other sellers etc, would just like to know your reasoning as it is likely i'll be ordering stuff into the UK again!

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
A slightly off topic reply alert!

Here goes, Lighthound is the single most efficient,multi torch spanning,friendly,honest,communicative,cheap (if not the right price you can tell him etc,and most fun dealer I have had the privelege to deal with. He even gives you a free keychain Fauxton torch with all purchases over a certain amount (I forget how much but it easily encompasses all my orders).

He's a real old fashioned retailer.:rock::rock::bow::twothumbs:thumbsup::grouphug:

Try it. Not that there's any problem with going direct to manufacturers, other dealers or what not, it's just that he's so hassle free. And a CPFer to boot!

Be lucky...

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cyclops942 said:
That would be the "Phial of Galadriel," and it was more of a lantern than a flashlight... the light was emitted in all directions.

"Phial of Galadriel" yeah I knew it was something like that. Ok its not really like a lantern but it will "light the way when all other lights have faded"

(OK, thats probably another misqoute!)

I just read my first post again. I didn't realise it, but it could be mistaken for a complaint against Lighthound. That was not my intention at all. Apologies Lighthound. Lighthound was great, fast delivery and everything. I would definitely buy from him again.

Nyctophiliac, nice to see more UK owners of the arc. Shame it gets dark so late at this time of the year. (It gets dark even later in Scotland)

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.