New Armyteks

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Yup. I got a Predator Pro 3 xhp35. I liked it very much but it stopped working after about three weeks. It literally was turned off and set down then picked up and nothing. Bypassed the tail with a knife to see if it's a switch fail and still nothing. I emailed Armytek letting them know everything I've tried so far and of course they email me back the usual dog pish requesting I try everything I just told them I already tried. They want me to make a youtube video of their failed product so they can review it. I don't recall their warranty reading that way before anything was wrong with the light. Oh well, It's probably a weak solder joint that cam off. Besides that, it's pretty nice while it worked.

They claim it will maintain the same brightness throughout the life of the battery from 4.2 to 3.4 volts but of course this is false. It dims down like most lights. I did feel it was worthwhile purchase though, until it stopped working, which is likely a fluke. tint was great, clean looking beam with solid hotspot and very rugged and tactical feel which is same as previous iterations. Don't have the xpl hi version, and Armytek doesn't make the brightest lights, but if you like your previous iterations but just want them to be brighter, it definitely is the brightest one with the most throw.

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
I have received a Predator Pro and a Dobermann Pro XHP35 yesterday. I also have these lights in the XPL-HI.

The XHP Dobermann has a wider hotspot than the DP XPL-HI, [emoji107]🏼. The PP has a tighter one or more focused than the PP XPL-HI [emoji106]...it is more like my Barracuda v2 XPL-HI. In the XPL-HI, I like better my DP than my PP for that case but in the XHP35, I prefer my PP.

The tint of the PP XHP35 is less cooler than my PP HI. About the same tint has my DP HI and my Wizard Pro v3 XHP50. For the DP XHP35, it is more cooler than my DP HI. About the same has my Partner Pro C4 XHP35 that I use with the C2 tube and my PP HI or my BP HI ...2 differents shifts tints in these XHP35...

The PP XHP35 throw more farther than the PP HI. I will play more with them this weekend...

I wanted to buy only the DP XHP35 because I prefered my DP HI over my PP HI. I'm a bit "disappointed" of my DP XHP because of the less tighter hotspot than my HI and very pleased with my PP XHP.

I will try to make beamshots comparaison this weekend and lux reading.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have received a Predator Pro and a Dobermann Pro XHP35 yesterday. I also have these lights in the XPL-HI.

The XHP Dobermann has a wider hotspot than the DP XPL-HI, [emoji107]. The PP has a tighter one or more focused than the PP XPL-HI [emoji106]...it is more like my Barracuda v2 XPL-HI. In the XPL-HI, I like better my DP than my PP for that case but in the XHP35, I prefer my PP.

The tint of the PP XHP35 is less cooler than my PP HI. About the same tint has my DP HI and my Wizard Pro v3 XHP35. For the DP XHP35, it is more cooler than my DP HI. About the same has my Partner Pro C4 XHP35 that I use with the C2 tube and my PP HI or my BP HI ...2 differents shifts tints in these 2 XHP35...

The PP XHP35 throw more farther than the PP HI. I will play more with them this weekend...

I wanted to buy only the DP XHP35 because I prefered my DP HI over my PP HI. I'm a bit "disappointed" of my DP XHP because of the less tighter hotspot than my HI and very pleased with my PP XHP.

I will try to make beamshots comparaison this weekend and lux reading.

Did you get spare rubber rings with your lights? Thanks.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes as usual in the same plastic bag of the clip and the rubber switch cover. If you don't have them, they have forgotten them.

Just to confirm we are talking body grip rings here, not o-rings correct? You should get 3 spares in addition to the ones that come installed on the light? So, the accessory bag should contain 1 x rubber switch boot, 1 x pocket clip, 2 x o-rings, 1 x lanyard, and 3 rubber body rings correct? Thanks again.

parametrek

Enlightened
They claim it will maintain the same brightness throughout the life of the battery from 4.2 to 3.4 volts but of course this is false. It dims down like most lights.

That would be new and unfortunate! All of their other Pro series lights are flat. Are you sure you aren't thinking of thermal stepdown?

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
Just to confirm we are talking body grip rings here, not o-rings correct? You should get 3 spares in addition to the ones that come installed on the light? So, the accessory bag should contain 1 x rubber switch boot, 1 x pocket clip, 2 x o-rings, 1 x lanyard, and 3 rubber body rings correct? Thanks again.

Ok, you are right. I talked about o-rings. No I don't have the spare rubber ring you are talking about. Never have this in my others lights too. Where do you hear that we should have this extra piece?

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
I just checked the manual. Part 3 and 4...I will contact Sandra to see why these pieces are in the manual but we have not received them.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, you are right. I talked about o-rings. No I don't have the spare rubber ring you are talking about. Never have this in my others lights too. Where do you hear that we should have this extra piece?

OK, I just wasn't sure because it shows them in the "whats included" section of the lights on their site. They are numbers 4 & 5 but, maybe it just means that the light comes with them already on it.

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
OK, I just wasn't sure because it shows them in the "whats included" section of the lights on their site. They are numbers 4 & 5 but, maybe it just means that the light comes with them already on it.

It is part 3 and 4...5 is the lanyard. It is probably that. I have just sent a message to service (Sandra) and Jane (facebook) to comfirm that. I have checked my old manuals and it is listed the same way. 99.9%, as you said, they are already installed on the light but not provided as extra pieces.

nervouswreckdiver

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry to hear your Predator crapped out, that was one of my concerns with the new led, probably a driver issue. I already own 7 Armyteks(Tiara pro A1,wizard XML2,Wizard pro XML2,Wizard Pro XHP50 Doberman Pro XPL Hi ,Predator Pro XPL Hi, Barracuda Pro XPL Hi) all warm tints. Love them all and have no had any issues except with the Barracuda(had faulty tailcap and VERY RINGY BEAM). When I contacted them to return I got the usual "dog and pony show" response. Because of the high price to return ship intl,I opted to keep if they send new tailcap. Would consider the new Predator if it has more throw than the XPL HI. Right now A&A has everything on sale for 30% off. Do you think I should take a chance?

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
That would be new and unfortunate! All of their other Pro series lights are flat. Are you sure you aren't thinking of thermal stepdown?
Not thermal stepdown. Mine got less bright as the battery voltage dropped and I'm referring to over time, not within the same instance(s) of usage. The xhp35 requires huge amounts of amperage relative to IMR18650 in order to boost to 12v which is very much different from any of the previous LED's Armytek has used in these lights. I suspect they "opted" to leave the rhetoric the same despite the diminished performance along this parameter. Either that or my driver was actually faulty to begin with as the light did fail after three weeks.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry to hear your Predator crapped out, that was one of my concerns with the new led, probably a driver issue. I already own 7 Armyteks(Tiara pro A1,wizard XML2,Wizard pro XML2,Wizard Pro XHP50 Doberman Pro XPL Hi ,Predator Pro XPL Hi, Barracuda Pro XPL Hi) all warm tints. Love them all and have no had any issues except with the Barracuda(had faulty tailcap and VERY RINGY BEAM). When I contacted them to return I got the usual "dog and pony show" response. Because of the high price to return ship intl,I opted to keep if they send new tailcap. Would consider the new Predator if it has more throw than the XPL HI. Right now A&A has everything on sale for 30% off. Do you think I should take a chance?
I think it is definitely worth $70. assuming it doesn't fail of course. It will chew through batteries much quicker than Xp-l of course, but the performance and quality of beam are very good imo. Yeah, I ordered the new TM28 from AA yesterday.

Chozzehnwahn

Newly Enlightened
Does the xhp doberman have noticeably more throw than its xpl counterpart? I have an xpl-hi doberman and it is one of my favorite lights. I am strongly considering upgrading to the new emitter

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey folks. I have an XHP Dobermann Pro on its way to me will most likely have it on Friday. What would be the best 18650 cell for the light? I know IMR but how high does the cell amperage capability need to be? I am eye balling 3500mah 10 amp IMR Orbtronic cells at the moment.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey folks. I have an XHP Dobermann Pro on its way to me will most likely have it on Friday. What would be the best 18650 cell for the light? I know IMR but how high does the cell amperage capability need to be? I am eye balling 3500mah 10 amp IMR Orbtronic cells at the moment.

Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh. If you want to go protected, it must have a minimum 8amp continuous draw rating on the PCB(the Orbtronic you listed are GA based and have a 10amp PCB rating I believe so they should be fine). I am running unprotected GA's in my XHP35 Prime Pro C2 and they work great. I tried a protected Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mAh in it and it pops the over current protection instantly on turbo.

nervouswreckdiver

Newly Enlightened
While I don't have the XHP35 Armyteks, I do have the Orbtronic 3500"s , in my DD XPL Hi and Acebeam T20 (single battery config) I find the Samsung 30Q and Sony VTC6 to provide higher turbos. The Sony is quite noticeable in the Acebeam. The 3500's are your Panasonic GA. If looking for runtime the 3500, brightest turbo the Sammy or Sony.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks guys that helped a lot. Gonna order a pair of un protected GA's and a pair of VTC6's and see how they do.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well alright! Got my XHP35 HI Warm White today. Luckily I have a spare unprotected GA for my ZL SC600 MkIII laying around so I charged that up and good LORD the Dobermann Pro XHP35 HI is bright as hell!! The beam profile now has a hot spot twice as large as the XP-L HI DP which is fine as the XHP35 DP throws a touch further. The max output is actually a bit to much I will most likely use Main 3 most of the time. In the other AT thread about the XHP35 HI PP V3 the pictures of the beam of the light to me look like the XHP35 HI PP V3 tint leans very neutral. Was thinking about picking one up. Anybody out there have any experience with the XHP35 HI PP V3?