*new* Fenix TK51

Capolini

Banned
$143.00 Fenix Outfitters with promo code.

$131.00 wallbuys with promo code

If u live in the States,it is a no brainer for Fenix Out. with their 30 month warranty[ 1 year for wallbuys] and you do not have to send back to china if it has to be repaired,they do it. Either that or they will replace it[gave me a brand new TK-75!] or fix the small problems in Broken Arrow!......That is worth the $12.00 difference!!:thumbsup:

For $15.00 I will give you both promo codes!!! lol!! :laughing: :huh:

EDIT:I just learned from another place that I should not post prices from manufacturers. I am not sure if it "only" applies if the price is below the "MAP" or not? I am not going to do it anyway! Beginners mistake.

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking forward t read a review of this interesting light! :popcorn:

Apart from that I can't stop to think about Fenix sometimes has an "inconsistency" when it comes to the labels of the lights. TK51 should logically be a successor to TK50, but there is not much similarity between these lights...

kj75

Enlightened

Apart from that I can't stop to think about Fenix sometimes has an "inconsistency" when it comes to the labels of the lights. TK51 should logically be a successor to TK50, but there is not much similarity between these lights...

So do I.
I thougt that TK meant tactical with the switch at the bottom....unfortunately no momentary on....:mecry:

Capolini

Banned

Same here sir!! SB will be reviewing it! I want to buy it now, but I need to be patient and wait for his review!:thinking:

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah TK is basically their really thick walled tough(er) lights. I think this light is kind of different and new so maybe they didn't know where to fit it in naming wise.

Perhaps this should have been a new series? But I guess it's not that different so they kind of just had to give it a name but couldn't really justify a completely new "series" of lights.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
This light realy stands out of the crowd with it´s design of combined spot and flood light! I am realy eager to see a review of it. I wonder if the light has a stepdown in effect feature to prevent overheating if on running it on turbomode (1800 lumens) with both the flood and the spotlight at the same time?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light realy stands out of the crowd with it´s design of combined spot and flood light! I am realy eager to see a review of it. I wonder if the light has a stepdown in effect feature to prevent overheating if on running it on turbomode (1800 lumens) with both the flood and the spotlight at the same time?
Exactly what I am thinking too. The body does not seem to carry enough mass to properly drain off the heat from the head. Does not really bother me since I don't use my lights on turbo all the time but I am just curious.

Capolini

Banned
Exactly what I am thinking too. The body does not seem to carry enough mass to properly drain off the heat from the head. Does not really bother me since I don't use my lights on turbo all the time but I am just curious.

Me to!! :thinking:

It is obviously not listed on the websites and the "Manual" is not available yet to "download".

My guess is that it won't step down on turbo and if it does you will be able to "Step up" again like I can with my TK-75.

Time will Tell!

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have we seen the inside of the tube yet- battery carrier, or interior walls sculpted to the shape of the batteries?

Either way this looks great.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: *new* Fenix TK51- discuss this light further!

Have we seen the inside of the tube yet- battery carrier, or interior walls sculpted to the shape of the batteries?

Either way this looks great.

Or is that method intellectual property of another company? Or parent company. Pretty sure I've seen it in more than one brand's models.

Anyway neither the video above nor any pics from google image i can find shows the inside, but looks like most if not all previous multi cell feni like this have had battery carriers.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice pics. And this ladies and gents is why it's not a sub 100 dollar light like we were initially hoping for. Just look at that beast. Crazy machining, 2 xm-l2's, and it's not a small light by any means. When I heard Fenix was doing a 3 18650 light I thought it was going to be relatively small like that 3 18650 light Zebra light did. This is much bigger. I only have a 2 bay 18650 charger so I would either need another or would have to awkwardly charge that third 18650 separately if I ever had one of these :)

BTW what is that hole behind the smaller reflector in the back of the head? Is the head somehow bolted/screwed on there? Oh and can we see the inside? Battery carrier? Holes? Hmmm...

Last edited:

youlight

Newly Enlightened

Nice pics. And this ladies and gents is why it's not a sub 100 dollar light like we were initially hoping for. Just look at that beast. Crazy machining, 2 xm-l2's, and it's not a small light by any means. When I heard Fenix was doing a 3 18650 light I thought it was going to be relatively small like that 3 18650 light Zebra light did. This is much bigger. I only have a 2 bay 18650 charger so I would either need another or would have to awkwardly charge that third 18650 separately if I ever had one of these :)

BTW what is that hole behind the smaller reflector in the back of the head? Is the head somehow bolted/screwed on there? Oh and can we see the inside? Battery carrier? Holes? Hmmm...

-----------------------
Seems the TK51 also can work with 1 or 2 18650 batteries.:D
and I know Fenix just released their 4 bay charger ARE-C2……

StarHalo

Flashaholic

Haven't paid much attention to Fenix offerings in a while, too many to keep track of lately anyway, but this definitely has my full attention - I bet this is a night-walk light that's so good that it wasn't possible before. We need more flood/throw combo lights like this one, and more battery configs.

Patriot

Flashaholic

Yes, it's definitely a substantial light and the retail price seems to fall in relative perspective to their other models. The construction of the chassis and battery carrier are Fenix's typical high quality and heavy duty build. The carrier and contact design is actually superior to the TK75 in more than one regard.

It runs on 1, 2, 3 x 18650's as well as 2, 4, 6 X CR123's. Mighty versatile!

It has momentary operation but only on maximum output.

I'm pretty impressed with the user interface. There are a couple of minor idiosyncrasies relating to the interface but I'll cover that during the video review.

The flood XM-L2 is VERY wide, having a much wider angle than a PD35 or even Zebralight H600.

Hope you guys enjoy the pictures and short preview! :)

sbbsga

Enlightened

Thanks, Patriot! :twothumbs

Yes, this carrier design is much better - no springs to bend and damaged. Is the carrier unidirectional?

I am curious about the hole behind the flood light as well. Looking forward to your detailed video review! :)

xed888

Enlightened