New flashlight of LiteFlux -- LF2

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'd love to know how it compares in high level brightness to the Fenix L0Pse, which is my current "best" AAA. Kind of surprised it's not more than 2x an E1, although I understand the difficulty of eyeball comparisons. Thanks.

Geoff

LED Cool

Enlightened
hi flying turtle,

compare to the high brightness of my fenix LOP SE, the LF2 has a much brighter spill. also the beam diameter of the LF2 is smaller compare to LOP SE. LF2 beam diameter is about 1 metre at 1 metre distance.

my LOP SE does have a slightly more intense hotspot than LF2's.

mikiehead,
i think the smaller beam diameter of the LF2 best fits your requirement as the LF2 spill beam does not intrude into the personal space of the person sitting next to you in a restaurant/opera house/concert hall/conference room.

gunga,
actually the LF2 can also be considered as a 3 stage output light. program the standard mode 2 output levels to YOUR low requirement and 100%.
when you need something in between, switch to user adjustable mode by twisting twice (SW x 2). the LF2 enters user adjustable mode at 50% brightness. if you do not do any adjustment, the LF2 stays at 50%.
to switch back to standard mode, twist once (SW x 1) and you are back to YOUR low and 100%. easy and simple.

krahl,
glad you got your LF2 so quick! please do post more about how you use / feel about your LF2.

thanks
khoo

Phredd

Enlightened
LED Cool said:
actually the LF2 can also be considered as a 3 stage output light. program the standard mode 2 output levels to YOUR low requirement and 100%.
when you need something in between, switch to user adjustable mode by twisting twice (SW x 2). the LF2 enters user adjustable mode at 50% brightness. if you do not do any adjustment, the LF2 stays at 50%.
to switch back to standard mode, twist once (SW x 1) and you are back to YOUR low and 100%. easy and simple.

I do pretty much the same, except P1 is low, P2 is medium and adjustable stays at 100%. This way it doesn't matter if you land on P1 or P2, it will stay at 100%.

Phredd

dk0013

Newly Enlightened
Phredd, isn't the LF2 supposed to reset the user adjustable mode to 50% when its turned off?

MikieHead, how is the Peak Matternhorn using 10440's? I'd be afraid of frying it with them.

Phredd

Enlightened
dk0013 said:
Phredd, isn't the LF2 supposed to reset the user adjustable mode to 50% when its turned off?

I can switch to adjustable mode and it's 100% whether I'm in P1 or P2. It remembers the level you set it to. And the adjustable position is always either increasing or decreasing. (I have mine always increasing)

Phredd

martonic

Enlightened
There are so many types of UI for flashlight control - for example flupics, P1D/JetCLE et all, L1D, Huntlight FT01XSE, Jet mkIIX, rexlight "smart 5 seconds" and now LF2 with 4 modes and 5 special features.

"Flashlight Operation" will soon be University Coursework? :drool:

Last edited:

LED Cool

Enlightened
Phredd said:
I can switch to adjustable mode and it's 100% whether I'm in P1 or P2. It remembers the level you set it to. And the adjustable position is always either increasing or decreasing. (I have mine always increasing)

Phredd

my understanding is that the initial brightness is default 50% everytime user adjustable mode is turn on. you can increase it (turn to P2) to 100% (indicated by a flash after 8 seconds) and save it (turn back to P1). your LF2 will remember this 100% setting as long as the light is on. your LF2 will also remember this 100% setting even if you changed to other operating modes (eg. strobe or SOS) or access the extra functions (eg. SW x 5 battery voltage indicator).

once your LF2 is turn off or a battery change is performed, the 100% brightness is no longer remembered. enter the user adjustable mode again and the initial brightness is back to default 50%.

to make the LF2 a 3 stage output light, the only way is to set the standard mode output level P1 to (0.2%-15%) and P2 to 100%. this way you will have a really LOW LOW and 100% high.

to access 50% brightness, just enter user adjustable mode by performing SW x 2 at the P1 position(NOT P2). performing SW x 2 at P2 will make the light at 50% brightness and IMMEDIATELY increase the output to 100% (takes 8 seconds to reach 100% and indicated by a flash)

to stop the increase in output when performing SW x 2 at P2, turn the white dot back to P1 after performing SW x 2 at P2. then the light will remain at 50% output.

i hope this helps.
khoo

MikieHead

Newly Enlightened
dk0013 said:
MikieHead, how is the Peak Matternhorn using 10440's? I'd be afraid of frying it with them.

I have the 3 LED Version Peak Matterhorn and it starts to get warm in a matter of seconds. I only use it for SHORT duration tasks. Like when I leave it with my mailbox key and use it to check and make sure I got all the mail, NOT for the walk to the mailbox. I called PEAK before I tried it and they just said don't use it for long periods of time.

When I did it, it was probably one of the BRIGHTEST AAA lights and I used it for the WOW factor. Now it is not a big deal.....................

Phredd

Enlightened
LED Cool said:
my understanding is that the initial brightness is default 50% everytime user adjustable mode is turn on.

Why don't you try it with your LF2? On my LF2, once I set it to 100%, it stays at 100% every time I enter adjustable mode, even after I turn it off.

Phredd

jackcselab

Newly Enlightened
Phredd:

I try my LF2. It always 50% when I turn off and on at manual mode.

I think your LF2 may be something wrong.

Phredd

Enlightened
jackcselab said:
I try my LF2. It always 50% when I turn off and on at manual mode.

So, when you enter the adjustable at P2, it starts increasing? Mine does nothing.

jackcselab said:
I think your LF2 may be something wrong.

Maybe, but I like it this way.

Phredd

jackcselab

Newly Enlightened
Phredd said:
So, when you enter the adjustable at P2, it starts increasing? Mine does nothing.

yes. and acorrding to author's design on manual mode, it should start at 50%(P1) and deafult adjust mode is increasing(P2).

I have tried two LF2 and they both work the same way.

LED Cool

Enlightened
phredd,

i did tried a few units of my LF2, that is why i made the above post.

you mentioned when you enter user adjustable mode in P2, your LF2 does nothing. does it gives you a flash after 8 seconds? if it does, that means it is increasing the brightness from 50% to 100%.

khoo

Krahl

Newly Enlightened
I´m very satisfied with my LF2.

I would only change one thing.
The light must remember my setting in user adjusted mode after I turn off the light. Otherwise I don`t see any sense in this feature.

Still I would give the light five stars.

Phredd

Enlightened
LED Cool said:
when you enter user adjustable mode in P2, your LF2 does nothing. does it gives you a flash after 8 seconds?

Okay, I think I know why I thought it was entering adjustable mode at 100%. After coming out of adjustable mode, the light wouldn't come on. I thought something was wrong, tried switching modes and then it would come on - until I came out of adjustable mode again. Finally, it came on with the tiniest flash of light I could see inside the LED. The battery died. Anyway, after changing batteries, when I go to adjustable mode, I can now see it getting brighter. I think with the weak battery, it just wasn't going to full brightness.

So you guys were right. And now it's much closer to the brightness of the L0D-CE. I also now have 4 levels. P1 - very low, P2 - medium, adjustable P1 - 50% and P2 (a few seconds later) - 100%.

Phredd

JJohn

Enlightened
Can any of you new owners tell me if the switch design and ergonomics allow for one-handed operation? I often need to be able to operate a light with some other tools in my other hand. Can you easily turn the light on/off or switch modes with one hand?

Thanks,
John

LED Cool

Enlightened
Phredd said:
So you guys were right. And now it's much closer to the brightness of the L0D-CE. I also now have 4 levels. P1 - very low, P2 - medium, adjustable P1 - 50% and P2 (a few seconds later) - 100%.

Phredd

4 levels! that is a good idea! phredd. set P1-3%, P2-15%, user adjustable P1-50% and user adjustable P2-100% (8 seconds later)

great!

thanks.
khoo

LED Cool

Enlightened
hello JJohn,

yes you can turn on the LF2 with one hand or switch output with one hand. the package comes with a small container of silicon lubricants for the o rings. the lubricants helps gives a smoother twisting action.

khoo

sb_pete

Newly Enlightened
Can any of you new owners tell me if the switch design and ergonomics allow for one-handed operation? I often need to be able to operate a light with some other tools in my other hand. Can you easily turn the light on/off or switch modes with one hand?

Thanks,
John

Very easily actually. The light has a raised band of light knurling right where your index finger and thumb naturally grasp and turn the bezel - makes for super easy and tactile one handed operation. I normally don't like twisties and was pleasantly surprised by this light.