New Jetbeam BC-20 S2

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have just noticed that Jetbeam have a new model out today the BC-20 S2.
They call it a special edition so I wonder if they are only doing a run of them.
It seems wired that they would do two versions of the BC-20 one with the XP-G R5 and one with the S-2 chip.
Do you think the only difference here will be the 15lm or will there be a difference in beam ?

[FONT=&quot]I have been checking there website every day they seem to be updating it with video's and new light all the time lately.

Cheers

[/FONT]

Last edited:
The 4sevens S2's are considered a limited run. If things pan out the same way for Jetbeam, I assume the S2 will be a little brighter and will have a different tint. I really hope Jetbeam has better luck tint-wise.

The R5 is pretty floody, and in my limited experience with two lights, pretty white. I have no personal experience with the S2, but I've read A LOT about its tint here.

I'm really curious about Jetbeam's S2 lights.

My jetbeam tc-r2 has a nice white tint and uses the s2. I can't understand why all the 4sevens s2 are green. I suspect underdriving them doesn't help.

At 1 amp how does the efficiency of the s2 compare to the xml t?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Just got my BC20 S2. Very pleased with it so far.

pros:
Perfect tint, no hint of green, warmer than usual but still "cool white"
No noticeable PWM flickering
simple UI
Bright - much brighter than my Quark 123^2
Fits 17670 easily, no apparent loss in brightness
Tail stands (but not too stable)

cons:
Slightly gritty threads on head
bit bigger than quark 123^2

Tailcap current on nearly fresh 17670:
Hi 1.12A Lo 50mA

Last edited:
I got a email a few days ago about this. I like the idea 400lm with AA's looks like a good light for my mother :naughty:

Enjoy

Last edited:
I got a email a few days ago about this. I like the idea 400lm with AA's looks like a good light for my mother :naughty:

Enjoy
PA40.jpg

That looks sweet! Any more info about it? Emitter, output, tint, run times?

Enjoy
PA40.jpg

Damn.....this looks good! :)
More info needed!
I'm a sucker for AA powered lights!

After seeing that my fleet of SL 4AA ProPoly's are getting a little nervous :sweat:

Last edited:
That's a Fenix LD40 with different logo :nana:

The head is shaped differently, it looks narrower than an LD40. Up until the newest models, BC/BA/PA, JB has been very good about offering neutral and smooth and OP reflector options. I'm hoping it will be available with a neutral emitter and an OP reflector, because if the output level is accurate, it will be both brighter and have more run time than an LD40. If that's the case, I'll get one over the LD40 no questions asked. If not, I guess I'll have to settle for the LD40.

Interesting, it is very Fenix LD40 looking though in the body shape as others have noted, even the lanyard hole placement is similar.