New JetBeam RRT-1 Raptor Question

elwood

Newly Enlightened
What happens when the grease on point A dries up? How are we supposed to lube the threads on the head and the o-ring if it has one?

Not being able disassemble the head without nearly breaking the light and voiding the warranty really disappoints me. :sigh:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I personally don't even move that section.

Once you set it to where you like it, there is no real need to adjust it.

Therefore to me, it is a non issue :thumbsup:

elwood

Newly Enlightened
I personally don't even move that section.

Once you set it to where you like it, there is no real need to adjust it.

Therefore to me, it is a non issue :thumbsup:

What about the o-ring? Dry o-rings eventually leak! :(

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think that it will just dry up, unless it is over used.

Plus I think by the time that happens you will have a new and even better thrower :nana:

coaking

Newly Enlightened
hello everybody!
i just get RRT1 and i like it so much but i have one question. they say that RRT1 have ''adjustable focus design''..... yes but i don't know how to adjust the beam....!!! i can partialy unscrew ''A'' !!! and nothing happens! i found one video on youtube ... please watch.... this gentleman adjust the beam!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w-iKVfABJo

i am soooooo confused with it!!
if someone knows the answer i will appreciate this
thank you

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Point you light at a wall, turned on low mode.

Twist at point a, and you will notice a difference :thumbsup:

It isn't huge, but is noticeable!

Patriot

Flashaholic
The adjustment range is very small. Other than for the purposes of fine tuning, I find it mostly useless.

coaking

Newly Enlightened
Dime and Patriot thanks for answer!

Yes, adjusting system it is tottaly useless. Main reason I bought this torch is ''adjustable focus design''. If gentleman from Jetbeam somehow makes it realy adjustable this will be a torch from out of space! :)
Thanks again
Regards

coaking

Newly Enlightened
Hello again,

Can somebody explain me difference between Torch Lumen and LED Lumen?
My RRT1 have 240 Torch Lumen or LED Lumen?
I saw that my RRT1 have much better beam throw than for example Urnabeam Behemoth C10 750Lumen!
Thanks in advance!

p.s. M1X is my next choice

HKJ

Flashaholic
Hello again,

I saw that my RRT1 have much better beam throw than for example Urnabeam Behemoth C10 750Lumen!
Thanks in advance!

Torch is what is coming out the front of the light, led is what the led emit, before subtracting losses for reflector and lens.
Some companies does not publish real led lumen, but publish a fictional value, that corresponding to what the best possible led would do with batteries just of the charger (And they might even add a bit extra to that).

coaking

Newly Enlightened
Hello cpf's,

I have information that new little king of RRT series will be available these days!
can't wait
:):faint:

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello again,

Thanks in advance!

Torch lumen are the lumen going out from the flashlight.

LED lumen is the total lumen emitted by the led. with a very inneficient reflector, you get low torch lumen because the light is not reflected completly.

The 240 lumens on your RRT-1 are torch lumens I think.. since led lumens can go up to 290.

The RRT-1 throws better because most of its light is pointing to a same small spot. While the urnabeam emits more light but to all directions.

coaking

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Richard!

Yes I will inform you all when I got new info about new RRT! I only know that this will be throw king for it's class and this torch will be powered with 1pcs of Cr123A or with extender with one AA battery. Great!
Regards

droeun

Newly Enlightened
Are you guys using the hybrid or smooth reflector? I'm trying to figure out if I can get away with just the hybrid and if it will still put out more throw than a DBS. I can't see myself spending $19.99 for a smooth reflector - I'd rather use that towards express shipping :O