NEW Klarus XT12 930 lumens rechargeable

Pegaso

Newly Enlightened
Thanks!
I'll have a closer look at those.
But at first glance it seems like the flash light is longer than the Maxpedition, meaning the end cap of the light will stick out at the bottom.
If there are any, I would prefer a holster in good quality that covers the entire flash light since I don't want it to get scratched if I get in a struggle on the ground. Working as a LEO.

Pegaso

Newly Enlightened
Looks good too. However the xt12 is approx 20mm longer than the T20 and I'm thinking there might be an issue closing the holster.
It doesn't show on the pic how the holster attaches to the duty belt, but my Led Lenser T7 I have today has that same thin nylon strap, like most other holsters, and I've been about to drop the hole thing several times when the button has come open. Therefore I would prefer if my new one didn't have, that and that is a big advantage for the Maxpedition holster.

I'm feeling I might be a bit picky here :s

Pegaso

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again.
I'll have a look at that one too.
Really appreciate your effort.

Pegaso

Newly Enlightened
Had a look at my local security shop and they had one similar to the Maxpedition holster.
So that will do for now, although the flash light does stick out a little bit at the bottom of the holster. Will keep looking though.

Gander55

Newly Enlightened
Can the XT12 be charged using 220V/50cyle electricity?

This looks like a great light and I will pull the trigger only if it can be charged using 220V/50cycle electricity. I will be going to the Philippines and would want to be able to use the 18650 rechargeable batteries while I am there.

Thanks in advance for any answers!

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Re: Can the XT12 be charged using 220V/50cyle electricity?

This looks like a great light and I will pull the trigger only if it can be charged using 220V/50cycle electricity. I will be going to the Philippines and would want to be able to use the 18650 rechargeable batteries while I am there.

Thanks in advance for any answers!
It's charged by USB. Provided you have something with a USB port, you can charge it anywhere.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Can the XT12 be charged using 220V/50cyle electricity?

The light charges using USB so as long you have a USB adapter that works locally I don't see what the problem could be!

Last edited:

Pegaso

Newly Enlightened
The charging cable is standard USB in the other end. Buy any plug that you can connect the USB cable to and fits the socket in whatever country you are in.
Should be just fine.

GehenSienachlinks

Newly Enlightened
The magnetic port in rs11 xm-l2 seems to be unnecessary in fact it is discouraging for me to buy klarus lights with magnetic charging ports especialy in 18650 sized lights .

I measured 14k lux on rs11 xm-l2 with the klarus 2600mah cell and 17k lux with the Panasonic 3100mah , I don't know if any of you have measured the xt12 with a 3100 or 3400mah klarus cell if you have please post the numbers.

Adrenaline_6

Newly Enlightened
He probably means he would just rather charge the 18650 cells separately himself. I would rather do it that way too. Why keep your light in limbo land while being charged, when you can replace a 18650 and your good as new. You can charge the battery while still using the light.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see it the same way as you do but I think the XT12 still offers the advantage of not having to go around with a charger: for people constantly on the move and easy access to USB or electricity sockets it can be convenient. Also, if you are travelling to remote places where it's hard to have access to CR123s and you only have 1x18650/2xCR123 lights it may be a big plus to have the option to charge the light directly especially if you only have a battery charger: things!

Personally I stock plenty of CR123 and 18650 at home, have plenty of AA lights, and enough spare chargers too so I really don't feel the need to have a rechargeable light.

Last edited:

silverspurr

Newly Enlightened
Manhattan a.k.a. N.Y.C. a.k.a. The Big Apple
Can anyone please confirm for me whether the Klarus "extended tactical bezel" will definitely fit onto the Klarus XT12 930 lumens rechargeable ??
I have it on my XT11, but if I can't transfer it to the XT12 rechargeable, I won't make the purchase.
Thanks to anyone that's able to let me know.

Gmwilkes

Newly Enlightened
According to their website it does. I don't have the ext bezel but I'd assume it does

silverspurr

Newly Enlightened
Manhattan a.k.a. N.Y.C. a.k.a. The Big Apple
According to their website it does. I don't have the ext bezel but I'd assume it does

Thanks for getting back to me Gmwilkes, I called Battery Junction, one person said it does, after a 2nd call another said it doesn't.
Then after a call to Going Gear, a person told me it won't because the head on the XT12 is bigger then the head on the XT11.
Amazing how the dealers don't even know.
I'll keep trying.
I'll send an email to Klarus in China.
Thanks.

Gmwilkes

Newly Enlightened
According to Battery Junctions specs on the XT 12, the head diameter is the same as the XT 11. So it should fit, and as far as I recall, the Klarus website states it fit but the site is down at the moment.