New Mag C-cell incandescent twisties: ML25IT

bykfixer

Flashaholic
White won't be very bright. It tried it. It was very disappointing.

Perhaps contact Maglite. They'll probably sell you a reflector.

Try measuring the depth you want and bend the legs accordingly. That's how I keep Streamlight Strion and TL2 bulbs from falling out.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
White won't be very bright. It tried it. It was very disappointing.

Perhaps contact Maglite. They'll probably sell you a reflector.

Try measuring the depth you want and bend the legs accordingly. That's how I keep Streamlight Strion and TL2 bulbs from falling out.
Thanks. I'm in Canada though. Shipping will be more than a new light. But thanks for the info on the paint. I do have a spare reflector in another stock ml25it. But I kinda want to keep it stock.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Thanks. I'm in Canada though. Shipping will be more than a new light. But thanks for the info on the paint. I do have a spare reflector in another stock ml25it. But I kinda want to keep it stock.
Maybe soak it in warm soapy water then spray it with a bit of pressure can clean it up some.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I cleaned my stock reflector today. It's fine besides some peeling right around the bulb hole. But I was able to clean off the spot with some dawn and hot water, then some 100% iso propanol. Not too many fine scratches. Using hot glue to hold in the bulb is a bad idea everyone, don't follow that bad idea😁. Took 30 mins today with alcohol, a metal toothpick, and a hair dryer to get it out. After I had to break one of my Tads bulbs to get it out. Those aren't replaceable. Luckily I had 5 spares.
Overall though not sure how great of a mod this is. You have to leave the bulb out a bit to get it to focus as the filament is lower than the stock bulbs. Wish I could find the stock 6 cell magnumstar II bulbs. But this works as long as I don't knock it around. Will be nice to have it back

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Is that stock reflector plastic?
I once tried cleaning up the reflector on a 3D cell Maglite.
Let's just say it went horribly wrong.