New Surefire e1d led defender?

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'll tell you what....SureFire's customer's service might be your best friend in this case, as the E2DLU that you mention may have a problem. The reason I say that is because I have in my possession an E2DLU-A that goes from level to level about a half second apart WITHOUT ANY CLICKS being involved what so ever. It will literally go from high to low and BACK to high in ONE second by just soft pressing, NO CLICKS.

Good Luck and I hope this helps.

MAN, did I misread that. Im thinking MIKs cheese done fell off his cracker. I thought he was saying his light changed modes all by itself and he liked it. I was starting to think if he even owned a light or a dog.....:ohgeez:

Yes you definitely got a good one. Thank you for the info.

Last edited:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny dudes!

Forrest Chump, any chance you're running the E2DLU in a cooler than normal environment? If somehow the light is dissipating the heat really well, the thermal regulation will maintain a higher brightness and drain the cells faster. At least I think that's how it works. Does the E1DL also have thermal regulation?

Now here is a thinking man. No, If I had to guess aprox 65F. I had them buy a window and after gauging the heat of the lights felt good about letting them inside tail standing. This was the first test. The second, was all indoors room temp.

E1DL - solid on both runs.

Last edited:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
@880

Yeah, batteries were painful. Especially aggravating trying to sort this out. I think what happened here is you have 2 lights that look the same but function differently, the ED1L being the "new" 1 cell version. Thanks for pulling those graphs.

Last edited:

bigfoot

Enlightened
Thanks for this thread -- E1DL ordered up! Being busy and all, I had completely forgotten that this light came out. Blends all of my favorite things: black anodize, single cell, dual clicky, better pocket clip. And can use SF's rechargeables for nightly walks with the dog, too. Win-win!

Plus... it just plain looks awesome! :twothumbs

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for this thread -- E1DL ordered up! Being busy and all, I had completely forgotten that this light came out. Blends all of my favorite things: black anodize, single cell, dual clicky, better pocket clip. And can use SF's rechargeables for nightly walks with the dog, too. Win-win!

Plus... it just plain looks awesome! :twothumbs

Cool deal bigfoot! Welcome aboard the E train. I always seriously disliked the pointy Surefires, but after MANY hours of research this little ED1L really has some serious performance enhancements as its not just a midget version of the E2DL.... I got 2, one for the BOB, one for the pocket, done. If you happen get tired of pointy check my sig.

You know what they say with guys with big feet right?

Big Socks.

CDPMan

Newly Enlightened
I have an older M300A Scout weapon light and I wanted to upgrade the head on it. Would I be able to put put the E1D heads on the M300A? Seems like it would be a HUGE upgrade!

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably not a good idea to have a dual mode weapon light.

Heed this advice. Single mode - ON - OFF. Done.

Edit: Single mode P2X?? Yes I know its not a dedicated weapon light but SF has quietly made changes going in that direction and the consensus of various forums in regards to reliability seems to verify this.

Last edited:

CDPMan

Newly Enlightened
Any suggestions for an upgrade? I have the 110 lumen model, I guess I can just go with the 200 lumen model, but I'd love to have more than 200 lumens. Thanks!!

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any suggestions for an upgrade? I have the 110 lumen model, I guess I can just go with the 200 lumen model, but I'd love to have more than 200 lumens. Thanks!!

Malkoff Turnkey MD2 - $99 Can't go wrong there.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
We're probably getting a little off-topic here, but you could take a look at Malkoff Devices. They make a single mode 280lm E1/M300 head, or you could buy a VME head and use the M31 series drop-in of your choosing.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
We're probably getting a little off-topic here, but you could take a look at Malkoff Devices. They make a single mode 280lm E1/M300 head, or you could buy a VME head and use the M31 series drop-in of your choosing.

I have an E2 head and it is awesome. I think the E1 would be the best bang for the buck upgrade.

bigfoot

Enlightened
The E1DL showed up the other day... this thing is a winner! Great neutral tint, low sure looks like 5 lumens to me, and no issues whatsoever. Home run for SF! Quickly went into rotation as my EDC light of choice. :twothumbs

15758162016_e921e1f002_c.jpg

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
@ BigFootsy

NICE, looks awesome on the granite!

180 turn on Subject: The screw in the head..... has anyone ever needed to tighten theirs? I ask this because I specifically buy lights / knives that don't require tools. Im sure someone has taken that screw out... how hard was it? Red Loctite? Blue? Is there a magic door behind there?

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chump, whats going on here? lol Looks like you got the Knight Rider Edition. Daddy like. :)

I may bust out the black permanent marker and give it a go! Ha!

That blade isn't too shabby as well. :touche:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Str8,

The light turned out fantastic!

The knife is a Full Carbon Fiber handle, S30V blade, I love it. Check out Bradford Knives for more info, they are good people.

Last edited:

N/Apower

Enlightened

Surefire just dropped the 300 lumen complete light. Wait a while, and the heads will follow.