*NEW* Surefire Titan-A (1*AAA, 15/125 lumen)

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]$60.00.......[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]You smell that?

Thats the fear of other popular light makers.

[/FONT]:poof:

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right on! I've subscribed to updates from him and that's where I got the 59.99 MSRP from...in case anyone wants to know.

Jim always has the scoop!

Thanks for subscribing :twothumbs

Guns & Ammo had the scoop this time and ForrestChump dug out the rest of it, including the Titan Plus! From what I have seen so far, it appears the Plus may have a slightly different look than the Titan-A. I know there's a bunch of us looking forward to getting a closer look on Tuesday!

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for subscribing :twothumbs

Guns & Ammo had the scoop this time and ForrestChump dug out the rest of it, including the Titan Plus! From what I have seen so far, it appears the Plus may have a slightly different look than the Titan-A. I know there's a bunch of us looking forward to getting a closer look on Tuesday!

HA! I got street cred now! :cool:

I know its futile to speculate, but what are the odds it won't accept a Lithium primary? I'd figure pretty low... I also had a thought, if it comes with a rechargeable, would it possibly come with a charger? Something really cool and simple they may be holding back? USB?......

Personally Im more interested in the Lithiums though.

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
Done

surefire_titan-a_F2_zpsd297f1ff.jpg

Why does that reflector look so.... plastic... ?
And AAA.... never thought one day Surefire would go that route. I suppose now that PK's gone and Size15s is married things really have changed

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why does that reflector look so.... plastic... ?
And AAA.... never thought one day Surefire would go that route. I suppose now that PK's gone and Size15s is married things really have changed

You just had to go there....;)

Couple things. First this photo is almost all Photoshop. This is OK as it's really the only way to get images to look purchase ready for press releases.
That said, that lens looks 100% photoshopped. It's much easier to clean up details post pic than to adjust the lighting perfectly for a press release photo, this can take hours depending on what your shooting. Im no photographer but have been on plenty of shoots. On my first one I was amazed how much time lighting took. You can get a better picture with a $1,000 light setup and a $100 camera than you can get from a $100 light setup and a $1,000 camera ( of course this depends on what you are shooting but you get the idea.)

It's a toss up. SF tried the plastic route with the original Fury and made a quick correction after a lot of people just didn't want that. But we have the other X series lights that are all acrylic lenses. I feel they positioned them far enough back that it doesn't pose a problem and in addition adds to durability of there most popular lights.

Another point to note is most people incorrectly associate size with price. Show any non flashaholic a Mcgizmo Saphire and it's cost and they will think you went Bat SXXX to spend that kind of money on a flashlight so small, we know better cause it's our thing.

All that said I think they are going with glass or maybe a very high quality acrylic. Joe Blow is going to want to immediately see a quality difference @ $60 so I am leaning towards glass.

As far as the picture at hand there is no way to tell.

Now someone PLEASE tell me this thing will take lithium primaries so I can sleep tonight.

Last edited:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont know what this means. But sounds like the reflector is not the common type. :)
"A proprietary faceted reflector is used to create a wide and evenly dispersed beam suited for close-range use."

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont know what this means. But sounds like the reflector is not the common type. :)
"A proprietary faceted reflector is used to create a wide and evenly dispersed beam suited for close-range use."
Have you seen MR16 track lights? Those use faceted reflectors.

Gadgetman7

Enlightened
I'll buy one. My Mako II can get more than three hours at 21 lumens so it's certainly possible. Looks interesting to me.

Last edited:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most AAA lights can take lithium without issue, but the performance gain is fairly small compared to AA.

Im more worried about leakage. Some lights even get slightly less runtime on Lithiums, I'd rather have that then a leaker.

Dirty wage guy

Enlightened
Almost looks like surefires version of a small Ledil "boom" reflector that would generate more of a floodier beam. Love the $60 price point, but SF better not put a friggin plastic lens in it.
I Still have a P2X that was sotting on the table when I was cleaning a gun. Sprayed some gun cleaner on the pistol and a little got on the P2X. While it didn't F-up the anno, it definitely scarred the lens so that light is basically junk now since the lenses aren't replaceable.