New U2 - 1st Surefire & 1st Impressions

CLHC

Flashaholic
Of the ones I've seen and held, these SureFire U2s have a "slight" click or soft-stop if you will. It IS discernible to my feel. . .Of course Your Methods May Vary accordingly.

nuggett

Enlightened
My U2 ring is a smooth twist. Clicky broke yesterday, SF said a replacement will bew a few weeks.

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had two U2s, and neither had any tactile detents for the brightness control. They just rotated smoothly. My current one is s/n A08480.

This means the light must be on to precisely set the brightness, other than min and max. Detents for the brightness selector seems like an obvious enhancement.

Varmint1

Newly Enlightened
I just came home to find a little present on my doorstep. My new U2.

Awesome.

GrooveRite

Enlightened
I have SUCCESSFULLY talked my gf into buying me the U2 for V-day. What I'm scared of is that she told me that she will let me know what gucci bag she wants for V-day in return. How much do Gucci bags run for anyway?? Not much I hope....

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
-----Begin Quote----
I have SUCCESSFULLY talked my gf into buying me the U2 for V-day. What I'm scared of is that she told me that she will let me know what gucci bag she wants for V-day in return. How much do Gucci bags run for anyway?? Not much I hope....
-----Begin Quote----

Nah, not too expenisve, just $1,500 to $3,700 most of the time... :aaa:
(that would be sarcasm by the way, he he he)

See here http://tinyurl.com/aq8ta

cbxer55

Enlightened
If it is gonna be bigger than the U2, I will pass. The U2 is the perfect EDC. Not too big, not too small. Good clip, does not require a sheath unless you just like to carry it that way. Plenty bright for me!

Last edited:

GrooveRite

Enlightened
zespectre said:
-----Begin Quote----
-----Begin Quote----

Nah, not too expenisve, just $1,500 to $3,700 most of the time... :aaa:
(that would be sarcasm by the way, he he he)

See here http://tinyurl.com/aq8tahttp://tinyurl.com/aq8ta

I'm beginning to think that she may of been pulling my leg about getting me the U2 because there is NO WAY im paying that much for a purse!!!:rant:Wonder if i could slip her a knock off, hmmmm.
No worries though, I'll probably end up getting the U2 myself anyhow, lol :laughing:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got mine today and its still light out :(
Go down dang Sun! i want to create some sun of my own :D

It does seem a bit green on the first 3 levels. Glad to here that's normal I guess. I have only tested it in a closet. Boy the dial is hard to turn. Can people do it with one hand? I hope it breaks in some.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
cave dave said:
... I hope it breaks in some.

maybe i shouldn't have used that term, because it did decide to break. I now am the owner of a 3 Level U2:

It was sorta working earlier today. 6 distinct levels, but now it does this:

Level 1: Dim, not quite as bright as Fenix L0p
Level 2: just a bit brighter, about same as Fenix L0p
Level 3: Huge increase in brightness, brighter than Electrolumens 3w LED
Level 4: Same as 3, no increase in brightness
Level 5: Same as 3, no increase in brightness
Level 6: Same as 3, no increase in brightness

Same thing with 4 diferent sets of batteries. Anybody else have a flakey control switch?