Ninemm's Wedding Day Countdown **Our dog was hit by a car**

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Ninemm's Wedding Day Countdown

Thanks for the well wishes Tim. You're right, we won't be forgetting Spring/Summer '10 anytime soon.

We're trying to decide if we should still go to Colorado. Expensive trip and being away from Lorna isn't appealing at the moment.

pwatcher

Enlightened
Steve, as a fellow dog-lover, I feel your worry and pain - and I'd have some anger too!

Lorna (and "parents") appear to have dodged a major calamity.

Hope all continues to progress well as she regains full health and mobility!

Paul :)

DM51

Flashaholic
Best wishes to you both for the big day, and also of course to Lorna, who is a very fine-looking dog. I'm sure she'll be OK now she's survived 24 hours. Dogs are phenomenally tough... :)

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Steve, as a fellow dog-lover, I feel your worry and pain - and I'd have some anger too!

Lorna (and "parents") appear to have dodged a major calamity.

Hope all continues to progress well as she regains full health and mobility!

Paul :)

Thanks Paul! Oh, we're definitely angry. The leash is advertised for it's strength and safety. The company will definitely be hearing from us.

Best wishes to you both for the big day, and also of course to Lorna, who is a very fine-looking dog. I'm sure she'll be OK now she's survived 24 hours. Dogs are phenomenally tough... :)

Really appreciate the well wishes. Dogs are tough. We're checking now to see if we can bring her home tonight. I'll update everyone in a bit.

N10

Newly Enlightened
hope Lorna get better...very nice companion u have there..and all the best for the rest(wedding)

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Scout24 and N10!

UPDATE: Lorna's home!! She looks pretty good. Couple of shaved patches and some nasty cuts on her front legs. I'll try and get a pic or two of her later. Right now she's just resting on her bed and we're trying to keep her from obsessively licking the shaved spots.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts! Lorna and us really appreciates them! :thumbsup: lovecpf

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Glad to see that Lorna is on the mend. Give her a scratch behind the ear from me with best wishes for her recovery. And good luck with your wedding!

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to see that Lorna is on the mend. Give her a scratch behind the ear from me with best wishes for her recovery. And good luck with your wedding!

Will do PhotonWrangler! That's her fave spot for scratches. Thanks! :)

**see second to last post on the first page for Lorna update**

Spoiler
- she's home!

bstrickler

Enlightened
Thanks Paul! Oh, we're definitely angry. The leash is advertised for it's strength and safety. The company will definitely be hearing from us.

Really appreciate the well wishes. Dogs are tough. We're checking now to see if we can bring her home tonight. I'll update everyone in a bit.

If they say its "unbreakable", or anything similar to that, you could possibly threaten to sue them for false advertisement (I'm not sure how that would work out, though), or try to pay for the vet bill, since it was defective.

~Brian

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey everyone! Sorry for not updating this thread in awhile. We've been pretty busy. Lorna is still doing well. Getting a little better every day. Here's a pic of her laying out in the grass.

lorna006.jpg

And here's a video of her walking. She's using that left paw pretty good!

Only 6 days left! Got my haircut today! And going to finally go and get shoes tomorrow. Then I think we are pretty much ready besides some tidying up to do around the house. :thumbsup:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Coast. Thanks for the congrats. We're crazy busy here. Making cupcakes for the reception etc. Family is all here. Fun fun. :grin2: :party:

Latest posts