Not so "bright" store employee

Illum

Flashaholic
junkfms, anyone can fly anywhere within the continental US with nothing but a passport. I have heard of cases where a couple [on their honeymoon] decided to go to Japan for some time...well, no one told them that on their return trip their license [multi-pass] doesn't get them through customs

I understand your feeling very well, I'm an immigrant from Taiwan years ago...but my situation was the fact I didn't have a drivers license and had to carry my passport and use that, which most stores don't exactly look at often:candle:

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
Let me share a story with you all. Back in '99 I was in college in Hightland Heights, KY. Went to a local GNC store to buy a pack of creatine monohydrates to boost up my sports stamina (well... back then:rolleyes::rolleyes:) Anyway, the store employee was asking to see my driving license to proof If I was some sort of certain ages to buy such substance. So I told him that I don't have driving license cos I just arrived in the US about a month ago but I showed him my passport which rather more official with US Visa that has my photo and DOB on it. That guy had no what the hell is passport and did not accept it!:candle:

Ah, the wilds of Kentucky, i hear they got running water up that way last year.

junkfms

Newly Enlightened
:wave:Hi Illum_the_nation. At least I was not the only one:D Anyway, looking back I just laugh.

mossyoak - I didn't know they got water running up that way last year. I was living in the northern part of KY by Cincinnati, OH. Left US about 3 years ago and haven't get back to the bluegrass state since.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went into my local Best Buy to look around and ended up overhearing some people who have just purchased a PS3 and a LCD Flat Panel to go with it. They were talking to some store employee who was telling them what cables they need to hook up the TV. The topic of HiDeMI cables came up and the employee told us that we needed the official Sony HDMI cable which costs about $60 . I asked if the 10$ HDMI cable that the computer warehouse I work for sells would work and was told it wouldn't fit into the back of the PS3 since Sony designed two little "pegs" inside the connector so that only their official cable would fit.

I grabbed a $80 Monster Cable HDMI 400 and the Sony HDMI cable and stared at the ends with my flashlight in my mouth for a while in disbelief but I didn't see anything different about the two.

I went to Fry's later and looked at their $20 "Link Depot" HDMI cable (which was almost exactly the same as what my workplace sells) and compared the ends again to the Sony and the Monster Cable 400 and it still looked the same. Asked a nearby employee and was told all of them will work.

:confused:
That is one BRIGHT employee who realizes he will get a much BIGGER COMMISION if he sold a $60 cable than if he sold a $10 one.

Latest posts