Notification from Chop

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
tyler,

I too have a friend in old Metairie that didn't get any water. I only wish I was as lucky. I've already had reports about my house. I'm definitely not going to like what I find, but as I said, I've been lucky compared to some others.

rick258

Enlightened
cy said:
Sure, but Rick really needs to get his PP acount to accept payments from anyone so hopefully lots of other folks can also send PP.

Did not realize I had it set that way. Must have been from the Ebay days. Restriction has been removed tonight. I think any form of payment can now be sent.

CY - Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

THANKS to all CPFers for their kind thoughts, prayers, and support. Ya'll leave me truely humbled and speechless. I will never be able to repay all the favors that have been done for me and my dad.

THANKS EVERYONE.

Rick

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, Tony. It could be worse. My father-in-law's neighbor called him and said he had (and still has) about 3 feet of water in the house. :( On top of that, he is about 100 yards from the London Ave. canal which appently busted its levy yesterday (we're not sure which side yet). My oldest sister-in-law (my wife has 2 sisters and 3 brothers!) has (had) a house right by the breach in the 17th st. canal. :(

Just look out for the wackos. Things are really starting to fall apart in there.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nine looters were shot in Jefferson Parish, so far. It is getting bad.

Paul, PM coming.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tony,
I was gone all week and when I heard of the hurricane I immediately thought about you. When I got back today, I see this. You will always be a friend to me. We're praying for you and will be here if you need us. PayPal sent and God bless!

freeze12

Enlightened
I PayPal'd some money to Chop on the 1'st & looked at My bank acct. today & saw this....any ideas why the cash came back to My acct.??

09/01/2005 Preauthorized Debit PAYPAL INST XFER

09/02/2005 ACH Debit Reversal PAYPAL INST XFER

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chop:
Some additional funds sent.

I hope that will help you to get that Honda ;)

I am very glad to hear that you and yours are alright.

Take care now,
Benny

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys,

Things are kind of settling down in my neck of the woods. We were able to get into Jefferson Parish for a few days to do what we could with what was left of our homes. We are now "locked" out for another few weeks while the gov't goes in and tries to clean up.

My house is a wreck and I probably won't be able to live in it for quite a while. I went in for a last look yesterday and the smell is still bad. We are in the process of setting up a temporary residence. Thankfully I've been lucky in finding internet access via wireless; otherwise, I'd have almost no means of communication.

So much has happened in the last couple of weeks that my head is still spinning and I'm having trouble writing anything coherent.

As things stand now, my immediate family is safe. The only one that I am worried about is my Aunt Lynn who evacuated to Slidell, which was just about wiped off of the map. We haven't heard from her, nor my cousin, who stayed in New Orleans. We have food and clothes for the time being. We're just taking things one day at a time.

The high point of all of this is that my son's pet hermit crabs made it through the ordeal, which is good, because they are about all that he has left. His play room was in the sunken part of the house and all of his stuff is toast. He took it in stride though.

The nearest grocery store that has any kind of stock is about an hour away. Gas is still a pain to get, but prices have leveled out at about 2.75 a gallon. Power is intermittent where I am, but that's better than what most have. Phones are still down and cell service is iffy at best.

I'm taking the day off today. We all are. We're starting to get sick with all of the filth that we've been dealing with.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your concern and help. The donations that I got from you guys made a big difference to me and my family. They also allowed me to help others that I would not otherwise have been able to help. I feel compelled to let you guys know that the money was used to buy a generator, which is still being used to do everything from recharging my laptop to running an air conditioner. I've also been using it to run my wet vac, which I also purchased. I also got a bad a$$ chain saw, which hasn't let me down.

The rest of the money went toward gas and lodging. I have a big family and LaQuita put us up for around $90 a night. Gas was a nightmare. There were times when it went for almost $5 a gallon and my truck has a 24 gallon tank. I never thought that I'd be glad to find gas at $5 a gallon.

I still don't know what's going on with work. I'm guessing that I'll be able to find something once the doors to Jefferson Parish are opened, but that won't be for another few weeks. I'm hoping to hear from Fema soon. Everyone here is walking around stinking because we're wearing the same clothes over and over again. LOL

As I sit here typing this, I feel lucky. I have my immediate family with me. We have food and shelter. Again, I want to thank everyone for all of the help. I finally had the opportunity to see what's been going on at CPF and have just realized that guys actually posted regarding my (and others') plight, trying to get help to us. I really can't express, in words, my appreciation. You really got us through a time when we needed help the most and we weren't getting it from anyplace else.

Oddly enough, I'm the one in the family that everyone looks too now. My father is getting long in the tooth and I've become his right hand man. Without CPF I would not have been able to do much more than throw my hands up and shrug my shoulders.

My son (16 year old) has been telling me that everything is going to be OK. I'm starting to believe it now.

marcspar

Enlightened
Good to hear from you, Tony. There should be a little more help enroute from the auction that just ended.

It is great to hear how the earlier $$$ not only helped you and your family but all the others.....

Let us know what else you need. Tell your son we are all happy about the crabs!

All the best,

Marc

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tony's back!!

Great to hear from you and to hear that all is as good as could be expected considering the circumstances!!

I'm sorry about the house, hopefully, when things get cleaned up, you'll be able to save a little more than you thought.

Thanks from keeping us posted.

Please email any contact info to DieselDave, who is trying to keep up the lines of communication.

Good luck!!

Bill

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chop said:
Hey guys,
I'm taking the day off today. We all are. We're starting to get sick with all of the filth that we've been dealing with.

My son (16 year old) has been telling me that everything is going to be OK. I'm starting to believe it now.

You're one of the few stories of heroism and courage that made it out of the storm while everything bad was being reported. For that matter, you're VERY coherent especially for someone who has experienced so much.

Take a break, sit down and try to forget about the situation for a short while. And the $$ I sent - for the record I personally have *NO* objection if you use it to get an ice cold beer - we all need a break once in a while especially under the most trying of circumstances! :D

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tony,
You have become an insperation to us. Although we pray for you everyday your kindness and unselfness towards others have made us (CPF) become a closer community. Although this tragity has been tramatic it has brought the best in alot of people all over the world, and for that I am thankful.

Doug

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Those are the positive posts we are striving for! Prayers & thoughts your way so that they continue in that direction!!

Latest posts