NovaTac EDC T and E Models CRACKED! Back Door/Easter egg found!

sappyg

Enlightened
hey BG,
today is the 4th day with no reply from my e-mail to Nt support. i have been too busy to remember to call.
the fact that they sent you a new light and a return sticker for the other without you sending the light 1st is a real stand up gesture i think. honestly i would'nt expect answers from them as to why you got a light from them the way you received it. the person you dealt with probably does'nt know the answer anyway. i think that person and NT just want you to be happy. i would HAPPY with a P switch.
botach would'nt know that they are selling mismatched lights and if they did they would'nt be able to fix the problem. they are distributors of a lot of products and they rely on the manufacture they buy from to deliver the goods they contract for.
i'm guessing that there are a LOT of lego'd NTs floating around that no one really knows about. i would wager that your T/ P thingy probably has the 30,000 series springy and not the 3 nipples of the older series. i believe this is an improvement in design. really, i think our lights are the best of NT to date and they even could be considered rare. also, it's obvious from your post that the lego'd NT is head and shoulders a better light than the 2nd 30,000 series in build quality. i'm not sure whether these two examples warrant an spin off thread. it's odd that ours both came frm botach, both T's... both same color
back on topic. have you cracked the egg on either or both of the lights? i wonder if your menu 4 has to be activated like mine in order to crack. this has caused me the most frustration.

Badger_Girl

Newly Enlightened
Yes, my lego light is a 16xxx serial number and it has the spring, not the nipples. And I have also been too busy to call NT....but I will eventually.

I bought a P tailcap from LH, but it has the rubber bumper, which is not compatible with the "springed" lights....if you force it on, you will disfigure the spring in the head. If you get your P tail cap, be sure it does not have the rubber bumper.

Yes, I agree that our situations are bizarre to say the least and very worthy of discussion.

I did crack the egg on the new black 30xxx light, but not on the original lego light... I will try that later tonight. On the 30xxx light, my option 4 was enabled by default, and I had absolutely no problems with the egg cracking and subsequent customization. Let me try the lego light...maybe they all have issues like yours.

sigsour

Newly Enlightened
Thanks LLCoolBeans!!!

I received my first Novatac 120T in the mail today and 3 minutes later; it is a 120P....I love this light so far. :D

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I broke down and got another NovaTac 120T, just to hack... and then convert to 18650 I think. I have not done it yet because I'm saving it for Christmas. It's Lighthound's fault with their sale prices and twitter coupon deals.

Now I have 2x85P, 2x120P (1 dead), and 1x120T (soon to be 120P/18650 I hope). I wonder if when I finally bight the bullet on the Clicky if there will be a couple NovaTac on BST.

Pabs D

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to the OP for this! :twothumbs

I hacked one 85T but decided to keep the other at default as I don't mind the factory settings.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
im half way there but need guidance.

i have completed the 251 click-hold (wasn't easy thumb got real numb after 130+)

with a 3 x click - hold i can enter the programming mode.

but i dont know how to allocate levels and features to slots

id like

1.very low
2.medium
3.highest possible
4.(3 clicks hold?) tactical strobe.

any simple tips?

all im doing is switching options and features without knowing how to get em in the right place
:mecry:

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
:eek: i seem to have turned my 120 into a momentary on 'low' only flashlight.

help:poke:

prime77

Enlightened
im half way there but need guidance.

i have completed the 251 click-hold (wasn't easy thumb got real numb after 130+)

with a 3 x click - hold i can enter the programming mode.

but i dont know how to allocate levels and features to slots

id like

1.very low
2.medium
3.highest possible
4.(3 clicks hold?) tactical strobe.

any simple tips?

all im doing is switching options and features without knowing how to get em in the right place
:mecry:
You finished the hard part with the 250+ clicks. The rest is easy. Select the mode you want to adjust. For example you want the the first click to be very low. So click once to turn the light on. Then do 2 clicks and hold the button down and the light will start to go through the ramping levels. Wait until you get the desired level you want and then release the button. That level is stored.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
You finished the hard part with the 250+ clicks. The rest is easy. Select the mode you want to adjust. For example you want the the first click to be very low. So click once to turn the light on. Then do 2 clicks and hold the button down and the light will start to go through the ramping levels. Wait until you get the desired level you want and then release the button. That level is stored.

cool:party:

how do i get it out of single mode low momentary only :whistle:

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
factory reset worked,

im good:candle::candle:

1.v-low
2.low-med
3.full
4.tactical sr.

might have to sell all my other lights.?

(joking)

Last edited:

litetube

Enlightened
I cant seem to find this in this thread, Can you turn a 85 version into a 120 with higher output at 120lumens? or is 85 it regardless of the backdoor being opened?

sappyg

Enlightened
that is definately a consideration litube. i would be willing to bet that you can. i'm thinking that both the hardware and software are generic to the point that the 85 has the same option 22 and the 120.

litetube

Enlightened
Is level 22 on an 85 the 85lumen level? I havnt read of anyone doing the backdoor on an 85 yet? anybody??............

medieval

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to the OP for figuring this out. I now have an 85p, and I also know who to put the blame on when the two 120e's show up. :grin2:

NVBoy

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up my E model today and uncracked it. Thanks for this info! This seems to be a great light. :D

Trace Rinaldi

Newly Enlightened
Im trying to do this and its driving me up a wall..Ha!! I have a 120E and want to unlock it.. I think I am getting passed the 250 clicks to unlock, but then how do you program it from there? Is there a link to the 120T's intructions? Either Im not getting to unlock or I dont know wha the hell to do when it is.. It just keeps acting like a 120E..

I know I know Ima lame ***;)

cabindriver

Newly Enlightened
I'm late to the party but I have to add my thanks as well. It seemed much harder than doing my B42. My switch got touchy as well. Now with a new switch I got in just fine.