>> Novatac Registry: Proclaim your ownership!

BenjiBot

Enlightened
Benji ... 120P ... 13004

although Milky has done his TIR optic mod on this, and added a Ti RPM bezel :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ousanas...................120e..........20447

Interesting note, I bought this here, and even tho' it's the 120e model it has a 120p flat tailcap. Came that way as purchased according to the person I got it from.

Black model, the tailcap does say 120p... but it's the e model.

What makes you sure it is not a p model?

You are smack dab between two other p's in a small space, that has not shown to be a normal case in the serials...

Jonesy........................120p.....20445
Ousanas.......................120e.....20447
ObmtO.........................120p.....20454

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
good question, I just looked up the 120p user guide and none of that works. It works EXACTLY like the 120e model, and the box did say e.... interesting thought though. That would have been a steal :)

redsfairlane

Newly Enlightened
redsfairlane..................120p.....16100

You can erase 10208 from existance, it was flickering.
This new one is flickering too, and even going out, but only on the lowest two levels, that's better than the first one.
Thanks Thujone for still keeping this up, the pie charts are cool statistics.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast

This new one is flickering too, and even going out, but only on the lowest two levels, that's better than the first one.

Sorry to hear about your flickering. I have never witnessed it but I know it would drive me nuts!

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Are you using rechargables with your light? I have heard that the flickering issue is more common with them, but again only on the lowest levels. Personally, I have seen the flickering with my p120-B, but only momentarily on the lowest level. Within a few seconds the light stabilizes.
I am using primary Lithiums. It has been said elsewhere on the forum that perhaps the new black body 120P's are more immune to this flickering issue. I called Novatac customer service and asked them if there was any improvements in the black body lights. They said "no".

redsfairlane

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I normally use rechargeables, but have tried primaries as well, and different brands. I think Iv'e tried every suggestion I read here on the original one, I have to admit on this one I have not tried much, just not using the two lowest levels.

Iv'e seen the momentary flicker when going to the lowest levels, that does not bother me a bit, this is a real disco dance light show. And as I say, this one will even go right out on the lowest level.

It is proving to be rock solid on level 3 and up, that is low enough for me and I am happy enough with the versatility of this light that I'm not too bothered by this one. In fact I'm keeping my eyes open for the 2aa tubes, and any other great accessories they may come out with.

Course I'm watching other developements as well, only about twenty or more going on right now.:popcorn:

Are you using rechargables with your light? I have heard that the flickering issue is more common with them, but again only on the lowest levels. Personally, I have seen the flickering with my p120-B, but only momentarily on the lowest level. Within a few seconds the light stabilizes.
I am using primary Lithiums. It has been said elsewhere on the forum that perhaps the new black body 120P's are more immune to this flickering issue. I called Novatac customer service and asked them if there was any improvements in the black body lights. They said "no".