Olight S30R

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
I would normally go for the S10R just because of size, but the S30R has been seeing a lot of pocket time for me lately. I don't have a lot of use for throwers in general (M2X is slowly changing my mind), so I like the floody beam. It's a nice little light and a good addition to the line.

They come with a 3400 mAh battery as well as the charger.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would normally go for the S10R just because of size, but the S30R has been seeing a lot of pocket time for me lately. I don't have a lot of use for throwers in general (M2X is slowly changing my mind), so I like the floody beam. It's a nice little light and a good addition to the line.

They come with a 3400 mAh battery as well as the charger.

What would be the reasons to choose this over the S20R?

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
No throw plus probably huuge step down after a very short time. I'm not very impressed.

What you mean like every other very compact very powerful EDC ?

i think it looks nice, olight are bringing out some lovely lights at the minute.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Looks interesting! :). How is the UI on this light? Does it have instant access to moon light mode and highest mode from of??? I can see that this light has the same charging dock as the S10R, the S15R and the S20R. Is the charging dock tested and confirmed without issues?

Capolini

Banned
This is on Going Gears website:

• NEW Thermal management saftey program provides overheating protection by dropping high output by 60% after 5 minutes of constant on.

I think that is wrong! I think it drops "TO" 60% after 5 minutes,,just like the M2X-UT.

Especially because "High" is 600 lumens. Why would it drop below that to 400 lumens?!

Also I think they mean Turbo output not high output.
s30r_ansi.png

Last edited:

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
This looks nice, but it is longer than the S20R - albeit by only about 1cm (from a longer head with fins from what i can see). S30R - 119mm S20R - 108.5mm

Still nice though!

Capolini

Banned
I hope the 18650 battery is not a Propriatary Olight Special job and that it takes standard Li-Ions!

CHEERS

According to Going Gear[I just called them] this is a standard 3400mAh battery that they provide with the light. Same as the S10R/S15R/S20R which also provide a battery w/ new USB charging ports.

I am just the messenger!;)

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't care how floody it is, 1000 lumens throws pretty good,
Not really, 460 lumens in Nitecore EC21 (or 410 lm EC2) throw better with much longer runtime. And its beam is far from laser, I'd say it's pretty mature.
What you mean like every other very compact very powerful EDC ?
Yes, like every other heat factories in short bursts.

Last edited:

Blue Bomber

Newly Enlightened
Well, I ordered one last night from goinggear. For the price, it seems like a good EDC for me. Especially for work. Also a good backup to my duty light. I was mainly sold on the magnetic charger. Love that. The light being magnetic is also a plus for me. I don't need a thrower, so this seems like a good light for the price.

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
It would be awesome if (when) someone gets their s30r who also owns an s20r, could snap a pick of the two side-by-side as well as beam shots.