Olight S30R

Ruudr

Newly Enlightened
To bad it the lumens drop down so quick... Would it really heart the LED if it geta too hot?

curlysir

Newly Enlightened
Well, I ordered one last night from goinggear. For the price, it seems like a good EDC for me. Especially for work. Also a good backup to my duty light. I was mainly sold on the magnetic charger. Love that. The light being magnetic is also a plus for me. I don't need a thrower, so this seems like a good light for the price.

Were they in stock or did you put one on back order? The reason I ask is that they show 0 stock today. I placed one on backorder.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
Were they in stock or did you put one on back order? The reason I ask is that they show 0 stock today. I placed one on backorder.

They won't be shipping full orders for another week or so. They are finishing up the production units now. I just have a prototype.

curlysir

Newly Enlightened
They won't be shipping full orders for another week or so. They are finishing up the production units now. I just have a prototype.

Thanks for the reply, Now all I have to do is patiently wait for it to arrive. I was going to order the S20R until I saw the S30R was coming out. Been wanting a rechargeable for a while.

P1X4R

Newly Enlightened
nice! i went ahead and pre-ordered this from going gear for $59.96 shipped!

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
nice! i went ahead and pre-ordered this from going gear for $59.96 shipped!

That is an awesome price. I saw the email about the sale too. I would have ordered many lights from going gear if i was located in the states too. I live in Canada however.

Tapis

Enlightened
I guess the charger on this model is version 2. Too bad the medium levels goes from 20 to 100 lumens. A 50-70 lumens like on the S15R would have been nice.

cmichael

Newly Enlightened

I just order mine for $59.96, The price will goes up tomorrow. I have a Fenix Pd 35 last year model with 850LM, I have been carry at work most of the time for an year. But little too long and can't tail stand, I like to see the comparison between both light. When will the S30R shipping out?

curlysir

Newly Enlightened
Mine should ship tomorrow, received notice that a shipping label has been created. Should get it early next week.

cmichael

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply, Now all I have to do is patiently wait for it to arrive. I was going to order the S20R until I saw the S30R was coming out. Been wanting a rechargeable for a while.

Did you get the S20R? I see your another post. LOL.

johnjr

Newly Enlightened
This past Saturday was a good day at my house when I got a package that had my Olights that were on order and arrived, I have to say that I think IMO Olight did a great job on this light and with the magnetic charging base it is very convenient to charge and with the 3400 mah battery it's a great deal, Some of my other Olights are from left are to right are, SR Mini, S30R, S80 Baton, M22 Warrior, sorry I have not had the chance for any beam shots yet but I will get to them soon, I like this one well enough to give them as Christmas Gifts to several of my friends that I got four of them from Andrew & Amanda and might get a couple more before he sells out, Enjoy my lousy pictures.

Last edited:

cmichael

Newly Enlightened
Nice. Please post some beam short outdoor. Hope I get mime soon from GG. How they feel in your hand?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holy cow! Its Olight's version of the PD35! The light looks really good if I didnt already have the R40 Id jump on it.

curlysir

Newly Enlightened
Just received my S30R and have it on the charger. Charger is similar to the SR20 charger but has a higher capacity 750mA vs 500mA. Light is smaller then I expected. If I had paid more attention to the specs I should have known the size and not been surprised. It is a only slightly larger then the SR20. If I had to choose only one between the 2 I would go with the S30R. I do think they both have their places and am glad I have both. Will check out the light output tonight and see how it stacks up against the Fenix UC35. The charging system on the S30R is by far superior to the UC35, the only advantage to the UC35 charging system is that it only requires a USB cable. Does not come with a holster/case which is a con. The included instructions say a lanyard is the box but the Olight web site does not show a lanyard as being included, I don't use one so it is not a big deal to me.

Ruudr

Newly Enlightened
Just received my S30R and have it on the charger. Charger is similar to the SR20 charger but has a higher capacity 750mA vs 500mA. Light is smaller then I expected. If I had paid more attention to the specs I should have known the size and not been surprised. It is a only slightly larger then the SR20. If I had to choose only one between the 2 I would go with the S30R. I do think they both have their places and am glad I have both. Will check out the light output tonight and see how it stacks up against the Fenix UC35. The charging system on the S30R is by far superior to the UC35, the only advantage to the UC35 charging system is that it only requires a USB cable. Does not come with a holster/case which is a con. The included instructions say a lanyard is the box but the Olight web site does not show a lanyard as being included, I don't use one so it is not a big deal to me.

Can you make some beam shots of it? Would be great!