OSTS TN31mb Monster Thrower

Ragnar66

Enlightened
Re: OSTS TN31 mega blaster

The release will happen as soon as I can get all the info posted up on my website. I have more than one model that I am releasing and each one has had pictures and info that I have needed to gather and make relatively professional. The first few of the TN31mb have already been built. These will go to purchasers of the XML version who opted in on this upgrade. I am just waiting on a few parts to arrive to make them meet my standards before I send them out but these customers will be the first to have them in hand. The rest will come in 2-3 weeks time. Mandy is working with me again to get lights out faster so there shouldn't be as long a delay as last time.

edit: The et on full disclosure is a day or two away.

I assume I know the answer to this but your the tn31s is a solid light and I'm not afraid to take it to work. Anything changing in that regard? All my lights are for le work so they take some abuse. The reason I ask I guess is because it seems crazy to have more than the 31s and not be delicate somehow? That being said...........I'm in for another one. It seems my lights are down to saabluster and surefire as far whats gotta go every night. Amazing work.

Last edited:

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
OSTS TN31mb Monster

Between the first version of the OSTS TN31 and my MBI HF, I never need other lights. That being said, I would love to keep the one I've got in my fire gear and this updated one for all my other stuff. Or vise-versa....

We shal see. I'm mad I waited so long to buy the first modded version, but haven't regretted getting it for a minute!

Last edited:

DHmtbykr

Newly Enlightened

The first few of the TN31mb have already been built. These will go to purchasers of the XML version who opted in on this upgrade.

How can I opt in on this upgrade, I purchased the XML version? Or will it become available through your website?

Thanks

langham

Enlightened

Didn't expect this move so soon, but here it comes. We want pics :poke: and comparisons to both stock and the original OSTS TN31. Does this mean that the new DEFT is coming out?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

I barely got my stock TN31 and now I am thinking of selling it...

Will you post comparison pics between the Stock TN31, Your custom TN31 and the newest TN31MB?

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: OSTS TN31mb Monster

The first post has been updated with specs and pictures. I currently do not have any stock nor XML modded versions with which to compare. When the next order of lights arrives I will take one of those out and get some comparison shots with the new TN31mb. Regardless the measured throw numbers don't lie. This is an unbelievable light. Enjoy folks! :cool:

TEEJ

Flashaholic

:bow::bow::bow:

[h=2]Invoice# 0000001202[/h] Invoice Date: 12/26/2012 05:44:42

:paypal:

Last edited:

Devildude

Enlightened

I ordered mine as well. Thank you for making a great light so much better. I think I will keep the original TN31 from the first round of mods as well and enjoy having two of the best lights in existence. My bank account is going to hate me though, now I have to sit and wait for the light to get here but that just gives me time to plan on finding some place with enough distance to try this light out.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

oh my god... excellent!!!!!!!

ORDERING NOW. TAKE MY WALLET!

Invoice# 0000001204

Great work Saab!!!

Last edited:

moozooh

Enlightened

Wow, this is incredible. How hard are you driving the XP-G2? Surely it can't take the same current as XM-L... On this note, did you try XM-L2 and, if so, what were the results?

Atakdog

Newly Enlightened

Do you know how many lumens it produces at max output? Thrunite pushes the standard version's XML pretty hard to get 1147 lumens, I don't think you can do that with an XP-G2.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Awesome! Can you post a group photo with stock TN31, modified TN31 and XPG-2 TN31 versions compare beamshots?

I have an XPG2 driven at 2.8a in small EDC and it produces almost as much light as the XML it replaced with a more concentrated beam, I am wondering if you kept stock the TN31 driver on your build or did you lower the current from the +3.6amp the stock driver sends to the led.

TEEJ

Flashaholic

Do you know how many lumens it produces at max output? Thrunite pushes the standard version's XML pretty hard to get 1147 lumens, I don't think you can do that with an XP-G2.

Lumens are not that important relative to throw, a 131 lumen LED maglight can out throw a 750 lumen ZL SC600, and so forth.

:D

TEEJ

Flashaholic

Awesome! Can you post a group photo with stock TN31, modified TN31 and XPG-2 TN31 versions compare beamshots?

I have an XPG2 driven at 2.8a in small EDC and it produces almost as much light as the XML it replaced with a more concentrated beam, I am wondering if you kept stock the TN31 driver on your build or did you lower the current from the +3.6amp the stock driver sends to the led.

a5d2d4a4.jpg

fc11f1d5.jpg

TN31xpg041_zpsf11492f0.jpg

Modified 405k cd TN31 ~ 511' to Box

I just took the stock and modified TN31 pics he already posted, and added the 405k cd pic he added of the same shot.

I can't say the exposure on the last shot is the same as the exposure on the prior shots though...I do see some background lights in the last one that are not visible in the first two, etc.

Last edited:

Ragnar66

Enlightened

:paypal:Invoice# 0000001208

Invoice Date: 12/26/2012 12:22:17

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks like the last one has several times the exposure of the previous shots, as the spill is much brighter

TEEJ

Flashaholic

Well, the fact that I can see the skyline and some lights in the far background of the 3rd shot tells me its not apples and apples at least.

So either it was earlier in the night, and the sun had just set over there/was going to rise soon...or the last shot was more exposed.