* P60 Flashlight List {host}

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bayco Tac-200 - confirmed... Unscrew the Led assembly from the bezel assembly and anything from a P60, Malkoff, to a DX drop-in will fit. Although I quite like the XP-E that it comes with. It claims 4.5 hours on high @ 160 Lumens off of two primaries (I think 2.5 regulated) and it has a pretty tight, clean hotspot with plenty of spill.... More importantly to me, the LED assembly is quite beefy and I imagine does quite well at keeping the nylon body from melting prematurely.

Got it while that free shipping place with tach in the name had it on sale for $19.99 and couldn't resist. I had to find out if it was drop-in capable. Due to financial troubles I've been forced to sell off about 90% of my personal lights but I kept all of my polymer P60 hosts and plan on doing a comparison review in the next couple of days.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

yet another new P60 from Solarforce ~ ergo design

L2N

307992_516042015091390_1738675005_n.jpg

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

yet another new P60 from Solarforce ~ ergo design

L2N

Looks like a Xeno got it on with a Surefire...

I also think we should take any lights off the list that require any major modification of the light or drop in to work.
I mean, I can unscrew the reflector off of a drop in, stick a standoff/optic between it and the lens, and turn a
Brinkmann Armormax AA into a "P60" host...

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
^

I hear ya,
If a complete standard size drop-in can fit & function, I'll put it on the list.

Honestly, not sure if there are any that don't fit that qualification , the 'list' is just a reference helped by the cpf community

btw, I deleted all the DX crap, & really considering removing some of the re-re-renamed ones:xyxgun:
.. but then I get someone telling me to keep it for reference purposes...

likin' the new L2N

HgVapor

Newly Enlightened
Ok, this is a great and comprehensive resource.
How about just an astrix by currently available models, or, even easier to maintain perhaps, and astrix by the discontinued models (just tell us which ones you decided to mark!) Thanks for keeping this updated! :thumbsup:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, this is a great and comprehensive resource.
How about just an astrix by currently available models, or, even easier to maintain perhaps, and astrix by the discontinued models (just tell us which ones you decided to mark!) Thanks for keeping this updated! :thumbsup:

+

The list is a Reference Guide, or Collectors Guide if you will.
just Copy & Paste then Google a host your interested in, to learn whatever you can on it.

CPFMarketplace WTB :http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/forumdisplay.php?122-WTB-Flashlights-amp-Parts&
is a good place to find one or look to trade.

I'm simply not going to make specific marks to each hosts current availability, vendor, price, color, ect...

=== Some re-re-rebranding of hosts have already been taken off the list or wont be listed at all.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can I buy one of these http://macscustoms.com/0ma188.web.officelive.com/P60DropIn.html
and drop it in a Solarforce L2 host? Is that all that is needed to make a functional light? I'm kinda new at this and don't want to buy incompatible parts or blow something up :eek:

+

Yep!

What you need to take into account is voltage range & the batteries you want to use.
Those drop-ins look to be optimized for 2 x cr123 cells,,, which can get expensive since they are throw away batteries.

I'v had 6V drop-ins that were great w/ a 18650 cell, and some that ran terrible on a 18650 cell.
{have not had a chance to try Mac's units though}

Erzengel

Enlightened
Judging by the picture, it looks like a 8*7135 driver that can take up to 6 Volts. These drivers work most efficiently with the battery voltage 0.12V above the LEDs Vf a higher voltage will cause excessive heat dissipation. therefore a single LiIon will work best. You should check HKJs 18650 comparator for a cell that stays a long time above 3.3V at a current of 3A if You plan to get the XP-G version (The XP-Gs Vf is 3.12V at 1A). The XP-E has a Vf of 3.5V at 1A which will be too high for full regulation at 2.8A.
Short summary: It will be best to get the XP-G version of this drop in and run it with a good 2900mAh or 2600mAh cell, the 3100mAh and 3400mAh will offer less runtime at maximum current.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

P60 lights are still going strong

L2N & X60L3 drop-in w/ Roscolux tint filter ^

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
^

I didn't see any difference/emitter,, that said, the tint filer was already in place.

Low mode is really nice on this drop-in

Nephilite

Newly Enlightened
orbital that is one real nice L2n you have. in comparison to my L2p's the L2n's threads glides like butter. would like to see a SS special edition of this one day. i do llike it with the L2-S9 tail switch though.

välineurheilija

Enlightened
Thanks for the link.i have a T6A coming in the mail i will have to see if i can mod it to fit the P60 if not it is still a decent light i guess.
Ok so the T6A was 0.04 millimeters smaller in diameter than a DX Cree R5 drop in so i showed it a Dremel sandpaper "bit" and voila i have a P60 host.Sorry if i derailed the thread but if somebody was wondering its very easy to mod :twothumbs