Pelican 1910 vs Streamlight Microstream?

varmint

Enlightened
I have the newer MS also and carry it every day, its about mt favorite EDC light, I get about a month of use on 1 cell and have had it in rain and everything else, its great, my runnung mate to it is an Olight I3, whick is great, its a very hard decision on the 2, if I did not have the MS I would go with the I3 for sure or if I lost the MS I would just use the I3.

radu1976

Enlightened
Robin, great runtime graphics for the 1910 - and 1920 also :) - , thank you for posting that.
One member mentioned that 1910 has glass lens, however turboBB said it has a polycarbonate one like Microstream. Could you clarify that please ?
Also, could you repost the runtime graphic for the MICROSTREAM II ?
I have seen a runtime for the first generation some years ago, I remember that the regulation was very decent on MiMH and Lithiums - not perfect though but better than PELI 1910 one - . With a Lithium an older 20-lumens MICRO was lasting around 3.5hrs . 1910 is brighter though.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the 1910/1920 use polycarbonate windows. It's fairly loud when I tap it, so I don't think it's glass.

MicroStream_Runtime.png

Racer

Enlightened
I just got my Microstream yesterday and I'm impressed so far. It's harder to engage the switch than I'd like, but I can live with that since it's not too bad to engage it just for the momentary on, which is most of what I'll be doing with the switch. My wife with arthritis tried to fully engage the switch but couldn't.

Other than that I think it's a great light. The clip is fabulous. I wish more lights had a clip this good. And I get the same indestructible feeling that so far only the E01 has ever given me in an AAA light.

Does anyone know what emitter it uses?

radu1976

Enlightened
Very impressive runtime for the MICRO II on Lithiums. Obviously it's a more efficient light than the PELI 1910 even it's less bright !
So they increased the runtime by 50% and the output by 20% - according to the specs - if not more. XP-C vs SSC P9 !
I might consider getting this one although I have the new STYLUS PRO whose clickie is just a PAIN. For MICRO it would be even worse as it's a shorter light and you'll get less grip on it.

Regarding the lens ... polycarbonate or glass ? Maybe acryclic like INOVA X1 is using
thinking.gif

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here you go...

Pelican 1910 Beamshot

Streamlight MicroStream Beamshot

Here's where the two lights are different:

1910_Runtime.png

MicroStream_Runtime.png

speedsix

Enlightened
I have the SL Stylus Pro, Microstream, Pelican 1910 and 1920. I carried the Pro and 1920 at work and used these two the most. I got to know both these well. The Pelican 1920 is by far my favorite AAA light of any kind and makes the SL Pro seem like yesterday's news. I keep the Pro around as a back-up but the Pelican 1920 gets all the carry time now. It is much brighter with better tint than the Pro. Runtimes in these two seem roughly equal but I have not done any tests. I put in a fresh set of Eneloops every two days and that seems to keep me in light unless I use it an extra lot. I would say I use it at least an hour a day but in mostly short brusts.

SL Stylus Pro
Pros and cons:
Pro:
Thinner
Lighter (slightly)
Cons:
Plastic lens gets scratched easy.
Greenish tint
Not very bright compared to other 2-AAAs like Pelican 1920 or Streamlight ProTac 2AAA