Poly Stinger questions

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been wanting to get a rechargeable light for some time now. Don't wanna spend the $$ for a SF...heard too much negative feedback about their rechargeables, anyway. Size is a factor, 'cause I wanna carry it on my belt at work. US, SL20/35 size lights are too big. I've heard good things about the Stinger line...I've held a Poly Stinger, and really liked the fit and feel. That was some time ago though, and there's some things I don't recall. Is the Poly's switch momentary/on, or just on/off? I know the output is listed at 15,000CP (tightest focus, I presume...), but what is it's lumen output? How will it throw on tightest focus compared to a SF 6P with a P60 LA? Who has the best prices for a Poly Stinger? Does it come with a spare bulb? Thanx in advance for any and all replies/opinions!

PJD

arioch

Enlightened
PJD:

1.)The switch is 3 position (momentary on, on, and off).

2.)Not sure about lumen output ... SL uses cp ratings. Perhaps a member has put the Stinger to a light meter?

3.)My 6P is brighter and outthrows my polystinger, but the poly is still a pretty bright light with an impressive throw.

4.)Polystingers are sold here
and here and here.

5.)Yes, polystingers do come with a spare lamp in the tailcap.

IMHO, polystingers are pretty good lights, and are recommended as smaller rechargeable carry lights.
smile.gif
icon14.gif

WaltH

Enlightened
I purchased a poly last week and compared it directly with my SF 8AX. The poly is just as bright so I would rank it at 105LM on tightest focus. I think you will be happy with it especially since they all have the stipled reflectors now. I purchased mine at OutdoorWorld for 79 plus tax. A pretty good deal for immediate gratification. They also had it for 69 if you just want the car charger but I figured 10 bucks for an entire second home charging unit was a good deal.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
walt, i read your other thread and after this i think my next rechargable will be the poly stinger.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen a few posts that claim there Poly is not as bright as there 6P, however mine is defiantly brighter than my 6P not by much but without a dought brighter.
smile.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by jtivat:
I have seen a few posts that claim there Poly is not as bright as there 6P, however mine is defiantly brighter than my 6P not by much but without a dought brighter.
smile.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">would you say the poly has a farther throw?

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by tkl:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by jtivat:
smile.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">would you say the poly has a farther throw?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes definitely, but also note mine is the newer model with the textured reflector.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the Poly w/the stipled reflector will throw farther than a 6P w/LOLA, but the 6P has a lot more radiant light. Anyways, the 6P is a 6V light, and the Poly is a 3.6V light, so the comparison isn't all that fair
wink.gif

--dan