quark mini AA & CR123 users thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put one of the newer AA NiZN batteries in mine and saw about a 25% increase in output compared to a NiMH. Nice if more output is desired without the blast of a 14500.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
:confused::broke::broke::broke::broke::confused: i feel ya. luckily this flashlight is priced properly

Yea.. small enough to be stocking stuffers!... even for your kids!... the wife needs one too in case she gets a flat.. the kids need one to blind the dog!
Grandma needs one too... Tis the season!... everybody gets one! :poke:

Mikellen

Enlightened
Yea.. small enough to be stocking stuffers!... even for your kids!... the wife needs one too in case she gets a flat.. the kids need one to blind the dog!
Grandma needs one too... Tis the season!... everybody gets one! :poke:

Please don't let the kids blind the dog.:mecry:

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Next is the former title winner of "Wall of light" the Surefire L4:

qminibeam1.jpg

This is the new winner of "Wall of light" Quark Mini 123"

qminibeam2.jpg

matrixshaman,

As an "old guy" around here who had---and loved---an L4 for its great "wall of light", thanks for the comparison. I see a Quark Mini in my future....:whistle:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
matrixshaman,

As an "old guy" around here who had---and loved---an L4 for its great "wall of light", thanks for the comparison. I see a Quark Mini in my future....:whistle:

They are quite a fun light and at a fraction the cost of the L4. The only thing my L4 would win out at now is as a kubaton :) I will say that to my eyes it didn't look like it was as big of a difference in brightness as the pictures show but all pics were on manual mode at the same setting so that's at least how the camera sees it. I also didn't think my Quark Titanium is as noticeably green as the pic shows so my white balance may be off a bit. But my Quark Mini is definitely the whiter between those 2 Quarks.

heathen

Newly Enlightened
Anybody got a shot of a mini123 next to an old school Fenix P1 that they wouldn't mind posting? Thanks in advance!:twothumbs

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang you guys. I was holding out for the neutral Mini AA, but now I may pull the trigger on the R5 version just for the heck of it! (and for the higher lumens, of course!)

The low price is the real kicker. If these had been $59 instead of $39, I wouldn't have been interested, but man $39 is just too good! :huh:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody got a shot of a mini123 next to an old school Fenix P1 that they wouldn't mind posting? Thanks in advance!:twothumbs

I'll try to dig one up tomorrow but I think you'll find they are extremely close in overall size both length and diameter IIRC. The Mini however has excellent knurling so it's far easier to turn than the P1.

BVH

Flashaholic
Hey,

I pretty new to flashlights. I have a surefire e2e, a fenix T1, and I just got my mini123. All I can say is OH MY GOD! I didn't think this kind of light was even possible. It makes my surefire look dark. I keep going into a dark closet and turning it on and shaking my head in amazement! Not much else to say but WOW!

I am getting an Aeon in a day or two...it will be interesting to see how that compares.

Thanks for all the help and knowledge!
Josh Out

Ahhhhh....another newby going into and coming out of the closet. How does it feel to be revealed?

michaelmcgo

Enlightened
I got my Quark Mini 123 and Preon today after a long time of waiting. They were both well worth the wait! 4Sevens is putting out some serious flashlights with the newest tech at unbelievable prices. I got the Quark AAx2 when it came out (XP-E, but I don't really care it's bright enough for me) and the Quark Mini and Preon just add to the quality and inginuity that I noticed in the orginial Quark.

The Quark Mini 123 in unbelievably small! I knew it was going to be small, but it is ridiculous how tiny this thing is. The modes are perfectly spaced and I thought I wouldn't like the UI (3 preset modes without memory), but I guess it just takes the right brightness levels to appreciate a simple UI.

The Preon is very nice to hold and fits well in the front left pocket (knife is in the front right and bigger light in the back right next to the wallet). The brightness levels are also great on this guy and the high is incredibly bright for a 2xAAA light. The button is great (aluminum model) and it is very easy to get to high right away (click press, soft press, soft press). The anodizing on this light is very unique and exudes quality. I do not think I have ever seen a piece of aluminum with better anodizing than my Preon. The price is amazingly low for 2 bodies and the option of clicky or twisty.

If you are in the market for a new light with a cutting edge emitter, Quark has it.

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been using tenergy RCR123 3V versions & use them till they drop due to protection for about 1 year with no ill effects.

Just received my MiNi 123. Tested it using AW protected RCR123 (3.7v). It clicked off with the battery at 3.1v at 30 mins on high. Using primaries, the instructions indicated that it should stay on for 1.2 hr. The run time on high seemed somewhat short to me. Anyone else test theirs either on primaries or RCR123?

The AW can be recharged after the PCB circuit kicks in, at least. I haven't had such luck with Ultrafire or Trustfire. They seem to kick off at a lower voltage too. I don't know what others have used to kick-start their Ultra or Trustfire batteries after the protection kicks in, but if one can't reuse them, they are useless as protection except to keep the battery from venting and exploding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts