ROUNDUP:T10C2,CL1H v4 R2,TK11,TK10,E2DL,M20 R2***NEW OUTDOOR BEAMSHOTS***T1, etc.,etc

The Sun

Enlightened
Great beam shots! There's a reason the CL1H v4 is one of my favorite lights. I actually have 5 CL1H's now (V1,V2, V3, V4 x 2) I have one with a P7 installed, one with a MC-E, one with a R2 and smooth reflector for throw, one with OP and Q2 5A, and the other is usually has a OP and a R2 in it.

What tint bin R2 is in your CL1H?

i know i love that light two. this particular CL1H v4 in the roundup is WC.

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

RE: E2DL vs. L4

But which is better in the flood dept? which is more pleasing to the eyes. You like all out flood or a little bit of a throw?

Thanks again:sssh:

like i said the L4 is all flood. it throws about 45-50 yards, and is good for about 85% of anything you would need to do, very pleasing to the eye as well. i can't comment on the E2DL w/ the diffuser, but i can without, and it is all thorw. but, from what i understand the E2DL w/ the diffuser is very pleasing to the eye, but it will not throw as far as the L4.
I like a fairly large soft edged spot that blends well off into the spill myself. For MOST uses.

A spot beam is useful for tank filling and such.

+1

1996alnl

Enlightened
ok in reverse order :D
  1. if you run the E2DL on a single cell body i recommend a protected AW RCR123 (black label), and if you run RCR's in the E2DL's stock configuration (two cell) then look on lighthound.com, and any of thier 3v protected cells will work just fine. i don't think AW makes a 3v RCR123, but battery junction does as well. just make sure they are 3v RCR's, not 3.7v or :poof: :D
I use two AW 3.7V RCR123's in my E2DL everyday and the light loves it:D no:poof: whatso ever.
Using a single cell in this light is like driving a Porcshe 911 with a brick behind the gas pedal.

Enjoy the beam guys gotta go...

Last edited:

seale_navy

Enlightened
I use two AW 3.7V RCR123's in my E2DL everyday and the light loves it:D no:poof: whatso ever.
Using a single cell in this light is like driving a Porcshe 911 with a brick behind the gas pedal.

Enjoy the beam guys gotta go...

hey the 3.7V AW RCR fits perfectly in the E2DL body? is the low brighter than primaries?

what is the runtime on high with the AW 3.7v RCR123a?

CPFMan

Newly Enlightened
[QUOTE=
like i said the L4 is all flood. it throws about 45-50 yards, and is good for about 85% of anything you would need to do, very pleasing to the eye as well. i can't comment on the E2DL w/ the diffuser, but i can without, and it is all thorw. but, from what i understand the E2DL w/ the diffuser is very pleasing to the eye, but it will not throw as far as the L4.

Got it. Thanks Sun :thumbsup:

1996alnl

Enlightened
hey the 3.7V AW RCR fits perfectly in the E2DL body? is the low brighter than primaries?

what is the runtime on high with the AW 3.7v RCR123a?

Yeah it does fit perfectly,runtime should be about 40min or so because the batteries are only 750mA.
Now keep in mind that it's guilt free lunens with these babies,you'll find yourself using the light alot more when you realize your not buying batteries everytime the light dies.
Buy a few pairs of RCR's,they'll pay for themselves in no time.

seale_navy

Enlightened
Yeah it does fit perfectly,runtime should be about 40min or so because the batteries are only 750mA.
Now keep in mind that it's guilt free lunens with these babies,you'll find yourself using the light alot more when you realize your not buying batteries everytime the light dies.
Buy a few pairs of RCR's,they'll pay for themselves in no time.

using 3.7v is not goint to spoil the LED?

is the low with 3.7v RCR123a brighter than the stock cr123a?

The Sun

Enlightened
using 3.7v is not goint to spoil the LED?

is the low with 3.7v RCR123a brighter than the stock cr123a?

i don't recommend running 2x3.7v RCR's in the E2DL. i have had a few, and one E2DL did not like 3.7v RCR's at all, and yes there was quite a bit magic smoke. however, i've not had any problems what so ever running protected 3.0v RCR's. running one 3.7v RCR puts the output of the E2DL head at right around the same as the E1B. its not all about "output" its about versatility. so, you get two lights in one.

TommyGuns

Newly Enlightened
I had a question regarding runtime at the high setting on the M20. I'm new to these flashlight forums and find it fascinating all the knowledge here.

I noticed when testing is performed one uses a fan on the flashlight when it's set to high. I'm guessing so it won't burn out....but under normal use...

How long can one run let's say the M20 on high before it burns out? That would be outside in the cool air under normal use.

Hope it's not a dumb question. :thinking:

Thank you. Tom

1996alnl

Enlightened
I had a question regarding runtime at the high setting on the M20. I'm new to these flashlight forums and find it fascinating all the knowledge here.

I noticed when testing is performed one uses a fan on the flashlight when it's set to high. I'm guessing so it won't burn out....but under normal use...

How long can one run let's say the M20 on high before it burns out? That would be outside in the cool air under normal use.

Hope it's not a dumb question. :thinking:

Thank you. Tom

Welcome to CPF.
Not a dumb question at all, although running a fan in front of a light isn't a bad thing i myself have never done it when testing my lights for runtimes and i've never had one of my lights fail on me.

If one did i would probably send it in for warranty work as it's suppose to have proper heatsinking.

As far as the M20 goes it's a fantasic light.Reliable,bright and can take CR123's,RCR123's and 18650 cells.
I have the R2 version i use 18650 cells in it and although it's not regulated on this type of battery the runtimes are long,over two hours.
Don't worry about the light burning out. If i wanted to i could swap out batteries and keep this light on for 24 hours straight.
Did i mention this light can throw a beam a good 600ft no problem.

Burgess

Flashaholic
to TommyGuns --

Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

:welcome:

I have an Olight M20 Warrior R2 myself, and LOVE it !

Bet you will, also.

:thumbsup:

_

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The idea of using a fan is to replicate real world usage conditions. Normally a light would be held in your hand which would keep it cooler; a cooler LED is brighter for longer, the fan is a way to replicate these conditions so that runtime tests are more accurate.

TommyGuns

Newly Enlightened
Thank you 1996AlNl, Burgess, and MattK

For answering my question. I won't worry about burning out my LED by running it on high for too long. I can't imagine leaving it on high for any time close to the ~3hrs it says it can last. I guessing one would only need it on high for 10 minutes at a time.

BTW - If you want to know a little about Eagle Tac flashlights.......I was told by an Eagle Tac person (don't want to mention names just in case):

"Hi Tom, EagleTac is working on some new flashlights that should be available some time in March if all goes as planed. I'm sure one of the new offerings will meet your needs ;-)

I was sworn to secrecy so I can't give you any details, sorry.

I was asking about a low low switch on the T10C2 ever being a possibility.

It's not much info, but before I get my M20 I'm going to wait to see if the Eagle Tac is offered with a low low.

I like the beam on the T10C2, it looks like it has more flood from the Grass and Leave's pictures on page one of this thread.

I also like the looks of the Eagle Tac better. I hate to admit that the looks influences my decision making. Although if March ends without a low low on the Eagle Tac or the Fenix TK10, I'll get the M20 R2 with the low low in Natural."

Lots of well knowledgeable people in this forum.

You guys are impressive.

DisgruntledVirus

Newly Enlightened
I tried sending you a PM The Sun, but for some reason my work pc won't let me.

First off, great roundups (this one and the 1 cell)!

Secondly, was wondering what you thought of the E2DL's lowbeam and if it is too bright to use to preserve a persons night vision.

The E2DL has a wide range of outputs that it doesn't cover, so would you recommend getting a second to cover those ranges (like the E1B/E1L/etc)?

The Sun

Enlightened
I tried sending you a PM The Sun, but for some reason my work pc won't let me.

First off, great roundups (this one and the 1 cell)!

Secondly, was wondering what you thought of the E2DL's lowbeam and if it is too bright to use to preserve a persons night vision.

The E2DL has a wide range of outputs that it doesn't cover, so would you recommend getting a second to cover those ranges (like the E1B/E1L/etc)?

Thanks!!!

Well first off the E2DL's low beam is nice but IMO it is a bit high in output for my taste. It's good for walking around a large area at night but is by no means a great choice for extremely up close work in the dark. It will affect your night vision.

If you are set on a SF light for secondary lighting purposes i would go with the E1L. The E1B's output is about the same as the E2DL so it's in about the same category. The E1L has a nice low output setting, and it's the first setting to come on. My personal favorite in a strictly production light for these purposes is the LiteFlux LF3XT. The LF3XT has a wonderful selection of multiple output modes!!!

ltanzil

Newly Enlightened
Hi Sun,

What type of TK11 tested in your review? the Q5 or The R2 version?

great review!