ROUNDUP:T10C2,CL1H v4 R2,TK11,TK10,E2DL,M20 R2***NEW OUTDOOR BEAMSHOTS***T1, etc.,etc

streetmaster

Enlightened
Re: ROUNDUP: T10C2, CL1H v4 R2, TK11, TK10, E2DL, M20 R2 ***NEW OUTDOOR BEAMSHOTS UP*

outdoor shots of the Fenix T1, and others are up on this thread...now:thumbsup: also posted all of the outdoor shots on the single cell roundup!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: stay tuned for more:whistle:

Thanks for adding the beam shots of the T1. I had requested that earlier in this thread. I didn't think you saw it.

The T1 is still a pretty impressive light considering it's "old". I love mine. It's one of my best throwers. :naughty:

The Sun

Enlightened
Re: ROUNDUP: T10C2, CL1H v4 R2, TK11, TK10, E2DL, M20 R2 ***NEW OUTDOOR BEAMSHOTS UP*

Thanks for adding the beam shots of the T1. I had requested that earlier in this thread. I didn't think you saw it.

The T1 is still a pretty impressive light considering it's "old". I love mine. It's one of my best throwers. :naughty:

thats why i put it up, cause you asked for it, the others were just for fun!!!:twothumbs i think the T1 definitely give the T10C2 a run for its money!!!:thumbsup:

The Sun

Enlightened

I think the Proton Pro would be a nice addition.

i would love to, but unfortunately i don't have one. i have heard some good things about them, it just hasn't made it to the top of my "light list" yet.:thumbsup:

ekiqa

Newly Enlightened

So which would work best indoors in a night club?

I need a light which will throw through either storbing lights, LED light bars, and numerous other spots and reflectors.

I also need one which will stand up to some punishment, like a mini-Mag and a Mag can.

I was looking at the E2DL, but the best deal I could find, batteryjunction, wouldn't ship them to Canada, and here they seem to retail for $190.

On the other hand, the M20 I can get for $130-ish.

And down by the feet, price wise, is the TK11/10 at about $85.

Suggestions?

The Sun

Enlightened
-ekiqa- it's not on your list, but i would suggest the Dereelight CL1H v4. it's burly enough to withstand abuse (nuclear war, etc.), and it's fully upgradeable. get the R2 version from FlashCrazy on CPFM he's got great prices. the fact that its upgradeable is the main reason i suggest it. the R2 or Q5 3SD pills would suit your needs just fine, but if you weren't happy with those you could allways go with any of the drop-in's offered (Malkoff, etc.) IMO it's a great, simple, bombproof, light!!!

Last edited:

007Runner

Banned

i would love to, but unfortunately i don't have one. i have heard some good things about them, it just hasn't made it to the top of my "light list" yet.:thumbsup:

You own every other expensive light under the sun. The Proton Pro is less then $50 now I think. Bet your breathing hard thinking about purchasing this light now:kiss:.

Kudos to your effort and photography skills, they are top notch. You have a lot of talent.

The Sun

Enlightened

You own every other expensive light under the sun. The Proton Pro is less then $50 now I think. Bet your breathing hard thinking about purchasing this light now:kiss:.

Kudos to your effort and photography skills, they are top notch. You have a lot of talent.

thanks for the kudos!!!:twothumbs

christmas is coming and my list is long. i'm so proud of my wife!!! she can now hang with the best of us, thanks to her research for the perfect christmas lights!!! i'll have to add one more:ohgeez::grin2:

i think the next lights to come my way (before christmas:D) will be the Liteflux LF3XT and LF5XT NAT. i've been telling myself that "i'm going to get them" for a long time. and, hopefully i will have a 140cn someday soon!!!:D

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

The Fenix TK (10 in my case) is a mighty tough light!

But I would agree that the CL1H is bombproof too! And allows for ANY P60 module so upgrading will be easy!

It's also easier to change modes at the switch instead of two-handing the light!

ekiqa

Newly Enlightened

The Fenix TK (10 in my case) is a mighty tough light!

But I would agree that the CL1H is bombproof too! And allows for ANY P60 module so upgrading will be easy!

It's also easier to change modes at the switch instead of two-handing the light!

I don't think I'd be doing any upgrading at all.

And I've gotten used to using both hands to adjust the mini-mag.

But I do like the low setting.

The Sun

Enlightened

I don't think I'd be doing any upgrading at all.

And I've gotten used to using both hands to adjust the mini-mag.

But I do like the low setting.

another light i would recommend if you want all spot (up to even +/- 300ft.) would be the Dereelight DBS v2. it's a little larger than the CL1H but you have the same upgradeability, and even more brightness it's a "THROWER."

i would say the M20 (which is a good thrower, a little more than the CL1H), but i have not "time tested" it. the lightness (weight:D) of the M20 kinda put's me off, and this of course is my opinion, but the body and head material seams a bit thin. i'm not saying it would not last, but there may be a durability issue there (IMO of course)?? whereas, i can say with all certainty the CL1H v4 will stand up to any abuse you can give it. plus its a sexy lookin' light :D

The Sun

Enlightened
a couple more lights will be going up in the very near future...after the holiday's. anyone have any special requests???:twothumbs

The Sun

Enlightened
i'll be adding a SF C2 LED, Z2 LED, and then both with a malkoff M60 in the next day or two.

AA6TZ

Enlightened
Good God Almighty!

Another outstanding, no-stone-left-unturned fascinating post by The Sun!!! Very, VERY well done, Sir. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's the kind of in-depth review every Flashaholic wants to read, to be sure. Leastwise, Yours Truly.

BTW - your photos are very creative/detailed/contrasty and the lighting is "spot-on" IMHO (yes, of course pun intended! :D).

Thanks a lot for composing and submitting your review -- which must have taken m-a-n-y hours to produce.

-Clive

seale_navy

Enlightened
the Sun,

do u have any information on the runtime graph for surefire e2dl though?

i cant find any.. I need to know how the brightness of 120 lumens drop for the duration of 1.9 hours...

The Sun

Enlightened
Good God Almighty!

Another outstanding, no-stone-left-unturned fascinating post by The Sun!!! Very, VERY well done, Sir. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's the kind of in-depth review every Flashaholic wants to read, to be sure. Leastwise, Yours Truly.

BTW - your photos are very creative/detailed/contrasty and the lighting is "spot-on" IMHO (yes, of course pun intended! :D).

Thanks a lot for composing and submitting your review -- which must have taken m-a-n-y hours to produce.

-Clive

i appreciate the support!!! hopefully in a couple days i'll have a "christmas list light" roundup :thumbsup: and, thanks again!!!

Nice review, thanks! :)

thanks!!!:twothumbs

the Sun,

do u have any information on the runtime graph for surefire e2dl though?

i cant find any.. I need to know how the brightness of 120 lumens drop for the duration of 1.9 hours...

i can only speak for the E2DL models i have had but, in my experience with them the only noticable difference in regulation is almost right at the end of the battery life. the model tested here dims slightly about 10-15 min. before the batt's die. this is of course on high mode, i don't use the low mode often on the E2DL, but again from my "non-scientific" testing you only get the "noticeable drop" right before the end of battery life.

this was tested with SF primaries, the run-time with 3.0V AW RCR's is slightly less, and once the batteries get to the end of thier life cycle the light just "dies" sbruptly. this of course happens once the light falls out of regulation, about the same way it takes place on primaries.

so to sum it up a bit, and put the battery life in "real-time" terms. i would see about two to three weeks of regulated 120lm light from SF primaries, and 1-2hrs less on RCR's depending on how the light was used. this is with moderate to heavy useage (20-30 times a day, for bursts of 5-10sec, up to 1min. sometimes). also, within this time frame i have had the light tailstanding on low for upwards of 30-45min.

compared to the other lights in the roundup, the E2DL has IMO more than acceptable runtime on primary, and RCR cells. if runtime on max brightness level is what you are looking for, by comparison it burns longer than the T10C2, but not the TK10 (and these are very minimal differences). but, IMO you don't see the runtime differences greatly in any of these lights unless you stand them side-by-side all on max output at the same time, and see which one dies first. throughout the course of your daily life each light will perform differently even when compared to itself because of the variances in daily usage. this is why regardless of what light you buy, always carry either spare cells, or a backup light. especially if your life depends on it!!!

for myself personally all of these lights are on the shelf right now. i carry a SF-C2-HA with a Malkoff M60 drop-in (2x3.7V AWRCR 123's), and my NT 120P (3.7V AWRCR 123) for a long burning multi-level backup. so far thats my favorite all-around combination. and that combo, doesn't have everything to do with technical spec's either. both are great lights; i love not only thier features, but thier cosmetics as well. they are outstanding performers IMO and do everything i need them too, on the other hand it's a definite plus that i can stand them on my desk and never get tired of looking at them, or daydream what i could modify on them next!!! so, in summary; to each his/her own. all of these light will be great, different choices for great, different people, thats why the unofficial CPF motto is: "Buy Them Both":twothumbs

let me know if i can help you any further, and Merry Christmas to everyone!!! :party::party::thumbsup:

seale_navy

Enlightened
i appreciate the support!!! hopefully in a couple days i'll have a "christmas list light" roundup :thumbsup: and, thanks again!!!

thanks!!!:twothumbs

i can only speak for the E2DL models i have had but, in my experience with them the only noticable difference in regulation is almost right at the end of the battery life. the model tested here dims slightly about 10-15 min. before the batt's die. this is of course on high mode, i don't use the low mode often on the E2DL, but again from my "non-scientific" testing you only get the "noticeable drop" right before the end of battery life.

this was tested with SF primaries, the run-time with 3.0V AW RCR's is slightly less, and once the batteries get to the end of thier life cycle the light just "dies" sbruptly. this of course happens once the light falls out of regulation, about the same way it takes place on primaries.

so to sum it up a bit, and put the battery life in "real-time" terms. i would see about two to three weeks of regulated 120lm light from SF primaries, and 1-2hrs less on RCR's depending on how the light was used. this is with moderate to heavy useage (20-30 times a day, for bursts of 5-10sec, up to 1min. sometimes). also, within this time frame i have had the light tailstanding on low for upwards of 30-45min.

compared to the other lights in the roundup, the E2DL has IMO more than acceptable runtime on primary, and RCR cells. if runtime on max brightness level is what you are looking for, by comparison it burns longer than the T10C2, but not the TK10 (and these are very minimal differences). but, IMO you don't see the runtime differences greatly in any of these lights unless you stand them side-by-side all on max output at the same time, and see which one dies first. throughout the course of your daily life each light will perform differently even when compared to itself because of the variances in daily usage. this is why regardless of what light you buy, always carry either spare cells, or a backup light. especially if your life depends on it!!!

for myself personally all of these lights are on the shelf right now. i carry a SF-C2-HA with a Malkoff M60 drop-in (2x3.7V AWRCR 123's), and my NT 120P (3.7V AWRCR 123) for a long burning multi-level backup. so far thats my favorite all-around combination. and that combo, doesn't have everything to do with technical spec's either. both are great lights; i love not only thier features, but thier cosmetics as well. they are outstanding performers IMO and do everything i need them too, on the other hand it's a definite plus that i can stand them on my desk and never get tired of looking at them, or daydream what i could modify on them next!!! so, in summary; to each his/her own. all of these light will be great, different choices for great, different people, thats why the unofficial CPF motto is: "Buy Them Both":twothumbs

let me know if i can help you any further, and Merry Christmas to everyone!!! :party::party::thumbsup:
Sun, thanks for the detail description though.. right now I am confused whether to stick to my surefire E1B. You see, I brought a warranty claim on my E1B 2 weeks ago here in the UK, and the distributor replaced me with a brand new E1B.

I open the new E1B from the packaging, the tailcap had a blain stain of screw mark on it. This was caused by the pocket clip pressing on the tailcap tightly. I immediately ship the light back. Plus there is a silver spot on the bezel and the tint of the light is purple-ish.

It was A25 xxx production model. So I am not sure whether to exchange it for the E2DL but also I am looking at the feasibility to have the E2DL with me all the time. I need to spend extra to get a holdster for the E2DL since the head is sharp though, plus the batteries since it uses 2 cr123a instead of one.

Well the E1B is my 1st surefire, and i didnt know surefire cant be exposed to such defect. Surefire in UK are much more expensive then the USA so it quite a huge investment on getting a perfect light in my opinion.

well, the surefire shot show is on the 15th January so not sure whether to opt for a refund from that. If the L4 is given an upgrade, I dont mind waiting honestly, because i Dont quite like the sharp bezel on the E2DL or the e2e is change in to an LED series that would be cool.

anyway, that what running in my mind whether to stick with the E1B or go for the E2DL or ask for a refund and wait to see what surefire has to offer for 2009 where it may take like till August 2009 for them to release the new models...

The Sun

Enlightened
Sun, thanks for the detail description though.. right now I am confused whether to stick to my surefire E1B. You see, I brought a warranty claim on my E1B 2 weeks ago here in the UK, and the distributor replaced me with a brand new E1B.

I open the new E1B from the packaging, the tailcap had a blain stain of screw mark on it. This was caused by the pocket clip pressing on the tailcap tightly. I immediately ship the light back. Plus there is a silver spot on the bezel and the tint of the light is purple-ish.

It was A25 xxx production model. So I am not sure whether to exchange it for the E2DL but also I am looking at the feasibility to have the E2DL with me all the time. I need to spend extra to get a holdster for the E2DL since the head is sharp though, plus the batteries since it uses 2 cr123a instead of one.

Well the E1B is my 1st surefire, and i didnt know surefire cant be exposed to such defect. Surefire in UK are much more expensive then the USA so it quite a huge investment on getting a perfect light in my opinion.

well, the surefire shot show is on the 15th January so not sure whether to opt for a refund from that. If the L4 is given an upgrade, I dont mind waiting honestly, because i Dont quite like the sharp bezel on the E2DL or the e2e is change in to an LED series that would be cool.

anyway, that what running in my mind whether to stick with the E1B or go for the E2DL or ask for a refund and wait to see what surefire has to offer for 2009 where it may take like till August 2009 for them to release the new models...

well there may be an upgrade on the L4, but don't take my word for it. i do have some pretty good info. on it though.

i love my E1B and E2DL, i would say if you are stuck on Surefire (and you have every reason to be!!) then go with the E2DL, and spend $35 and buy a Vital Gear single cell body. then when you want an E1B you can switch the head over to the VG single cell running a 3.7V RCR. i have compared the output of my E2DL head on 3.7V RCR to the output of my slightly overachieving E1B and have found that the total output, and throw are very, very similar (the ouput of the E1B is barely brighter). also, both high and low mode is preserved with the single cell body, so everything is 100% reliable, and functional. you get the best of both worlds, you just don't have to pay the premium price for both lights, just buy one, and you get both advantages. let me know if that is a possiblility and i can PM you with the details...hope that helps you out!!!

Latest posts