Saw A New LED light at Aldi's today

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I saw an interesting light at Aldi's and if my budget wasn't a mess right now I would have been tempted to get it.
It was a work light that I think had 2 18650s in it (6600mah) and one COB LED.. 2500 lumens I believe it said (maybe only 2000). The one thing that intrigued me was it specifically stated it was 90 CRI..... yes 90. It had 4 modes H/M/L/Strobe and could be used as a power bank. The price was $20 and it was in the general merchandise area with all sorts of stuff like towels and garden stuff and seasonal items etc. Maybe when I get my check from Uncle Sam etc I will splurge on it and check it out.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
No, I don't remember the name. It isn't a known brand name I am almost sure it is a brand Aldi "owns". Without trying it I haven't a clue as to how it performs or the accuracy of the claims as I don't see any ANSI ratings on it. It is typically rectangular shaped with a somewhat hexagonal or octagonal off shaped COB emitter in the middle that is I think large enough to put out at least 1000 lumens I'm guessing.
I am a little skeptical of the 90 CRI claim and found it rather odd that they would actually put that on a box without an ANSI rating of output/runtime. It does list runtime at 2/4/8 hours for the modes of H/M/L and 100/50/25% is listed. At 6600mah that is 3.3A output per hour on a COB LED. Tossing numbers around I'm guessing the COB is about 100 lumens/watt and 3.3A times 3.7V is about 1200 lumens and with loss due to this and that 1000 lumens output sounds like a good guess instead of 2000 lumens. If it is not 90 CRI then the price is about average for a no name light of this type for folks like us who can shop around online but for local pricing I think it is a pretty decent price. The 6600mah if true would make for a decent power bank not sure of the current output though it may be 2.1A which would make it useful.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Well rumor has it that in Michigan you couldn't buy it anyway (if you lived there you ole Oky you).

Isn't Aldis a grocery chain? They sell flashlights? 😎

It is a grocery store chain based in Germany and the light was in the seasonal items section where they have non grocery type stuff.
At one time they had a lot of tools there and another some electronics.