Saw some new flashlight surprises at Lowes today...(NOT the Task Force)

Mercaptan

Enlightened
I definitely saw a G2 and 6P Surefire at Lowe's today (Ithaca, NY).

G2 (LED version) was 64 dollars and the 6P (LED version) was 84 dollars.

Last edited:

Schuey2002

Enlightened
First off, I stumbled upon a Energizer Hard Case 2-AAA CREE inspection light. 30 lumens, water-resistant, supposedly survives a 15ft drop, and comes with a belt sheath....for $14.95.
Does that "Inspection Light" that you bought have an optic or a reflector?

They have the 1 Watt (Nichia) Hard Case at Wallyville (which looks vaguely similiar), and it has what looks like a plastic lens with a frosted circle in the middle of it. I was just wondering if yours has the same lens setup as the Wallyville version? :whistle:

Delta

Enlightened
Does that "Inspection Light" that you bought have an optic or a reflector?

They have the 1 Watt (Nichia) Hard Case at Wallyville (which looks vaguely similiar), and it has what looks like a plastic lens with a frosted circle in the middle of it. I was just wondering if yours has the same lens setup as the Wallyville version? :whistle:

No, it's a reflector. It's smaller than the 1W Hard Case too. Tested it out in a dark room and even had the tell-tale Cree-Rings. It's just a bit brighter than my SL Stylus Pro (though nowhere near as nice)

Delta

Enlightened
No, it's a reflector. It's smaller than the 1W Hard Case too. Tested it out in a dark room and even had the tell-tale Cree-Rings. It's just a bit brighter than my SL Stylus Pro (though nowhere near as nice)

Don't remember if I mentioned...it does come with a belt sheath too.

umberto

Newly Enlightened
what wouldbe the runtimeof the Energizer Hardcase with 2 AAA.....would that be as bright as say the ultrafireC3 on 1 AA?

Delta

Enlightened
what wouldbe the runtimeof the Energizer Hardcase with 2 AAA.....would that be as bright as say the ultrafireC3 on 1 AA?

It's only doing 30 lumens...I didn't see anything about runtime.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Bet that Surefire is closing out all these "old" G2 models,

cuz' the're introducing their NEW line of G2's in Fancy Colors !

Who sez' they don't listen to CPF ? :wave:

Nice work, Surefire. :thumbsup:

:lolsign:
_

jeep44

Newly Enlightened
I looked at that Hardcase light today at Lowes-not too impressed by the whole thing-plastic case, only 30 lumens. I suppose the price is right, but I'd rather get much more at the same price from DX. My local Lowes STILL has the same four 3W Task Force luxeons that I have been looking at since the new CREE version came out. *sigh*

Schuey2002

Enlightened
Cool. Thanks. Obtw, what's the model number on the package? If it has one...

:poof:

Mercaptan

Enlightened
In my store - the surefires were located in the flashlight section, it's own little cardboard display centered among the cash registers.

kavvika

Enlightened
I'm definitely going to have to check out these Surefires at Lowes very soon.
Maybe my employee discount will come in handy yet again...ooo and December is 20% off month too!
(I'm on personal leave for college currently)

budlightdave2000

Newly Enlightened
Hi, im new to this site been reading alot on cpf by the way notice someone posted surefire g2 at lowes well i been searchin i found this site midway usa they have the surfire g2 for 35.99 heres the link http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=187175 anyone have any expirence with this site lol ididnt realize how much there was to learn about buying flashlights thanks to this site i may have new new hobby thanks for any info

Marduke

Flashaholic
Hi, im new to this site been reading alot on cpf by the way notice someone posted surefire g2 at lowes well i been searchin i found this site midway usa they have the surfire g2 for 35.99 heres the link http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=187175 anyone have any expirence with this site lol ididnt realize how much there was to learn about buying flashlights thanks to this site i may have new new hobby thanks for any info

That's the incan version. Lowes is selling the LED version.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
A quick "FYI"...I picked up one of the Hard Case 2AAA lights at Lowe's earlier today, and it is definitely a Cree emitter! For $14.99 plus tax, it's actually a pretty nice little utility light. It's output (to my eye...) is somewhere between medium and high on my LOD CE. The beam does have quite a few artifacts, but a little WriteRight fixed that right up! The tint is a very nice, neutral white. The light also comes with a pretty nice nylon holster with a velcro flap. IMHO, I've spent more $$ on lights that didn't perform nearly as well as this little Hard Case...for the price I think it's a pretty good deal! I already have a couple other Hard Case lights, and I hafta say that they ARE pretty robust and can deal with a significant amount of rough treatment. This little guy should prove to be no exception! As always, YMMV...

PJD

Last edited:

Schuey2002

Enlightened
I just hope that Lowe's decides to put these Hard Case Pro's on their website. That or Wallyville starts stocking 'em... :whistle:

Latest posts