Saw some new flashlight surprises at Lowes today...(NOT the Task Force)

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have $70 Surefires in the impulse section? Next to all of the 50-cent packs of gum and snickers bars? :duh2:

Thats even better than Batteryjunction...I mean...I like the little keychain flashlight...but a Snickers bar when you buy a flashlight....mmmmmm.

funkymonkey1111

Enlightened
Hi, im new to this site been reading alot on cpf by the way notice someone posted surefire g2 at lowes well i been searchin i found this site midway usa they have the surfire g2 for 35.99 heres the link http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=187175 anyone have any expirence with this site lol ididnt realize how much there was to learn about buying flashlights thanks to this site i may have new new hobby thanks for any info

midway is a great outfit for shooting supply, and you can't go wrong with them. however, (off topic for this thread) LL Bean has a regular G2 for $34, with free shipping.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/st...langId=-1&categoryId=41033&sc1=Search&feat=sr

Marduke

Flashaholic
At this point, I am just hoping that some CPFer out there snaps up a few of Energizer's Cree-shod Pro line and put them up for sale on CPFM, or even Ebay... :wave:

If there is interest I may be persuaded to sell a few of these on CPFMP. I'll have to check my 2 Lowes to see what they have.

Schuey2002

Enlightened
That is a very nice gesture on your part, Marduke! Even if it is just a feeler at this point. :thumbsup:

The light that I am most interested in, is the Cree version of Energizer's Professional (4 LED) Swivel Head light, which is only available at Lowe's. Starting at around post #18 (in the link below), is where the discussion of this particular light begins. It's model # TUFSW21PE, Barcode # 039800040190, and UPC # 122348. The price is $34.97.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/178757

Last edited:

WDR65

Enlightened
I've checked online for the Surefires at Lowes all over both Carolinas and Georgia and no luck. The two Lowes closest to me don't have anything new yet. I'm very interested in the 4 Led light, not so much the Surefire's except the novelty of them being carried in a large chain store aside from Bass Pro Shops/ etc.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
First off, I stumbled upon a Energizer Hard Case 2-AAA CREE inspection light. 30 lumens, water-resistant, supposedly survives a 15ft drop, and comes with a belt sheath....for $14.95.

1113071110.jpg

It doesn't SAY CREE, but it doesn't say Luxeon (which they usually do) and it looks just like the LEDs in my Fenix's and other Cree lights. It's definatley more "Cree-Bright" for 2-AAA.

Second...and this really shocked me...I see SUREFIRE G2L and 6PL LED lights in the "impulse" section of the checkout lines, of all places! I think they were $68 and $80-something.

They had some Luxeon 1W AA Task Forces...nothing speacial but new. This one dodn't have the Cree Task Force yet.
I went to Lowes today and checked out this very light. It is a cree but not sure if its an XRE. It only has two bond wires.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, seems like like US flashlight companies are starting to jump on the Cree bandwagon and it's about time I think...Sams Club has the 2-pack Energizers, Task Force has that 2C flashlight everyone's been talking about, Rayovac's got theirs...so it's great to be a flashaholic these days :twothumbs, just not so good on our wallets :crazy:.

SuperTorch

Enlightened
Don't forget the Cree 1W 3xAAA with culminator lens that will throw like the old TaskForce 3W luxeon at 75 lumens for about 4 hours above 50% for $19.95 batteries included.

Skibane

Enlightened
Alas, if they'd gone AA instead, they could have had almost 3X the brightness (or 3X the run-time)...

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't forget the Cree 1W 3xAAA with culminator lens that will throw like the old TaskForce 3W luxeon at 75 lumens for about 4 hours above 50% for $19.95 batteries included.

What light is this? The Leatherman 3AAA is around $30 I though. Here is a little list of all the cree lights that are currently sold in retail stores:

Lowes:

Taskforce 2C Cree = $29.99
Energizer Hardcase Professional Inspection Light = $14.95
Energizer Hardcase Professional = $34.95

Meijers:
Rayovac 3C Cree = $24.95

Costco:
Leatherman 3AAA Cree = $29.99

I think this is it. If you know any more please list them.

roknrandy

Newly Enlightened
I just pickup a Surefire G2 led at my local lowes. I was shocked to see them sitting at the counter and did a double take.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have the barcode for this item yet? I live over 50 miles away from the nearest Lowes so I really want to make sure it's in stock before I go for a trip.

Thanks

Marduke

Flashaholic
What light is this? The Leatherman 3AAA is around $30 I though. Here is a little list of all the cree lights that are currently sold in retail stores:

Lowes:

Taskforce 2C Cree = $29.99
Energizer Hardcase Professional Inspection Light = $14.95
Energizer Hardcase Professional = $34.95

Meijers:
Rayovac 3C Cree = $24.95

Costco:
Leatherman 3AAA Cree = $29.99

I think this is it. If you know any more please list them.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/180100

roknrandy

Newly Enlightened
I must admit....I cant afford the higher end surefires but if this light is any indicater, I know why you guys love the higher end models.

roknrandy

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have the barcode for this item yet? I live over 50 miles away from the nearest Lowes so I really want to make sure it's in stock before I go for a trip.

Thanks

just go to lowes.com and search for surefire and add your local store