SC62w First Impressions

cyclesport

Enlightened
Your tint pics pushed me over the edge as well jak...just ordered. Looks like ZL has finally managed to consistantly get some good reels of XM-L2 neutral/warm emitters. BTW how's the LED centering on your new light?

Enlightened
Low modes don't flicker like the SC62d? I wish they made this in 3C or 3B.

jak

Enlightened
Your tint pics pushed me over the edge as well jak...just ordered. Looks like ZL has finally managed to consistantly get some good reels of XM-L2 neutral/warm emitters. BTW how's the LED centering on your new light?
I hope your tint results are as good as mine. I also hope my pix are doing the tint justice -I'd hate for a bunch of people to order the light to find my pictures were terrible or something.
The LED is as centered as you can get, on my unit.

sc62w-02.jpg

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
jak, one of the things I was interested in hearing about, is how the PID functions on the new SC62w. If you get a chance, I'd like to hear how long it will run on high before dropping down, and maybe an estimate of how much of a drop it is. Thanks.

markr6

Flashaholic
Just got mine! Can't wait to try it out (don't have any 18650s with me now)

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

xed888

Enlightened
jak, one of the things I was interested in hearing about, is how the PID functions on the new SC62w. If you get a chance, I'd like to hear how long it will run on high before dropping down, and maybe an estimate of how much of a drop it is. Thanks.

I believe with PID, the drop us indiscernible to the human eye. Unless jak has a meter, he won't be able to notice it. Unless of course it actually drops down to m1 or m2.

jak

Enlightened
I believe with PID, the drop us indiscernible to the human eye. Unless jak has a meter, he won't be able to notice it. Unless of course it actually drops down to m1 or m2.
That's what I was gonna say. No meter here.

UTV2TiVo

Newly Enlightened
Low beacon mode uses an extremely low low

I'm pretty sure the low beacon mode uses whatever you have L2 set to. So you can raise it to at least the highest L2 setting.

Thanks for post your initial impressions!

markr6

Flashaholic
Here it is:

SC62w vs SC62d:

* Very noticeable increase in output
* Much bigger hotspot/less throw (compared to Luxeon emitter of the SC62d)
* Anodizing almost as good. Slightly dull, "drier" look. But very slight.
* **** yellow tint, even compared to others (see below). I bet most people would still call it "creamy white, perfectly neutral, etc, but I'm sure they don't have a tint like my SC52w!
* Nice clicky switch! SC62d is a bit soft and quiet

IMG_9987.jpg

IMG_9989.jpg

zebra_sc.jpg

All modes on M2. CAN'T BEAT THAT SC52W TINT :)

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
what about throw on max 62w (930lm) vs 62d (320 lm)?

Good question. Will the increased lumens make up for less throw? I can't say for sure until night time, but let me see what I can do in my basement until then (only 40' to work with)...