"Sent from my iWhatever"

Aldis lamp. :)

give that man a cigar!

neat little toy... carbon arc lamps are one thing that leds haven't replaced just yet.. as far as I know. I wonder if you could drop a few Bridgelux led arrays in there and get a light that you could modulate with data. Sure would beat the data rate of 14 words per minute (according to the wiki page) that you get with hand operated morse code.

Steve K.

Doen't bother me tho I oft wonder if they sit there typing that all out or it is an embedded script.

:sent from my droid using your WiFi. I'm two feet behind you with an ax.

I actually send all my posts as telegrams. It's a real PITA to embed an image or video, lemmetellya.

Eh whatever, half of the time I have no idea what they using anyway.

sent from my Gateway 486 - 7800 baud modem

You can do it with just one LED..

apparently the Bridgelux would be overkill, eh?? That doesn't mean it wouldn't be fun, though.... :)

I do recall that original thread, and had forgotten all about it. A similar thread emerged on the laser subforum, but the discussion regarding the suitability of coherent vs non-coherent light never came up. A very interesting subject, and I need to find time to play around in the lab with these sorts of projects.

thanks,
Steve K.

It's obvious that we all have different thresholds for irritation. I don't mind it at all and think that it gives interesting demographic info to all users.
I'm sure the site owners have the ability to see where the posts and traffic comes from, Tapatalk usage, mobile safari, etc. , but I get a kick out of seeing how many folks check, post, and even buy from their mobiles.
I check CPF and CPFM frequently at work on my iPad, but it doesn't leave a mobile sig when I post like Tapatalk does. Atomic Web Browser or Safari are fine (for me) on iPad or iPhone so I don't use Tapatalk.

If the sigs bother a person I think a method could be developed whereby any 2-4 word groups at the end of a post could be skipped over after a simple IF/THEN test:
When passing your eyes from the end of the body of the post pass your eyes over the beginning of the small group of words at the end, IF the first word = Sent, THEN move to the next post. ELSE read word group.

Why target just iXXXXXXX devices? Blackberries, relies and very other stupid smart (stupid) phone have these signatures.

Sent from my Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial Ale! (2nd one so far as I wait for the hurricane) :drunk:

I think it's a little bit annoying at best, I usually just ignore it. What I find more annoying is when people feel the need to type out their name at the end of each post they type as a signature of sorts.

blah blah blah
(name)

blah blah blah
(name)

ebow sorry to upset you, just a habit for me, which I doubt I'll change.
Norm

Yeah, that's nothing. Annoying is people who feel the urge to put every light they own in their signature and completely screw up the search functionality of this site to produce usable results!

I use my phone to call people, text if necessary, and use Google if I have a burning question in my mind and I'm riding passenger in a car or am in a restaurant. I staunchly refuse to join the iPhone generation... My simple $100 phone is enough... Cell phones give you cancer anyway.. :D

Sent from my Grandma's basement... :laughing:

Norm

I have a hard time not doing it myself....I believe it to be a legacy from years of handwritten notes.

Chic-

....nevermind

Norm

Norm, I had never even noticed you did that until now, LOL, no, when I wrote that I actually had another member in mind, one who feels the need to abberivate his name after each post, sorry if I offended you, didn't mean anything by it.

Last edited:
I chuckled a little bit when I saw the title of this thread. I wont ever buy anything that starts with a little 'i'. Not that theyre poor or anything like that but to me these new trendy phones are that - trendy, with cool effects and eye candy. My phone is pretty old school I guess at about 5 years old but will do practically anything the newer ones will, just without pinching the screen of flicking stuff around. Personally I like the more computer style interface.

Last edited: