"Sent from my iWhatever"

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I concur. Useless free advertising.

Sent from my pre-release limited beta yet to be named revolutionary implanted mobile device.

Bigpal

Enlightened
Maybe it's to let people know you are mobile which can suggest they excuse typos as well as let them know what number to call should they need to contact you.

This is how I use and interpret it anyway.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I've just received an iThing to replace my aging BlackBerry at work. One of the first things I did with it was to hunt down that "Sent from my..." signature and kill it.

Sent fom my iThing.

Last edited by a moderator:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
iPad Mini is 7.2mm thick - that's thinner than a pencil.. Starts at $330, pre-order friday, the same day Windows 8 debuts..

ibcm3O3fQWuya0.jpg

i4YfHWxMKePPh.jpg

imeLWSarZIbjO.jpg

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
^ A friend brought one to church Sunday. He's enjoying it a lot, as it's much easier to carry-around than his iPad 2.

I got a chance to play with one the other day, along with the iPad Retina; once you compare the two side-by-side, the regular-size iPad doesn't make much sense - I predict the Mini will become the "standard" iPad, while the regular iPad will become the iPad Classic, like the old iPod, that will be produced/bought in small numbers for that niche market.

nbp

Flashaholic
A lot of people watch movies and such on their iPads. I can't imagine they all want a smaller screen. That's why they bought iPads and not iPod Touches.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Mrs got a standard ipad some time ago. I used it for games, but not much else. Had my ipad mini for a few weeks now, and I'm about ready to retire my laptop. Use it much of every day for all kinds of things. And when I need to carry it to another room hands free, it slides into my back pocket. Handy + portable to a ridiculous degree.

And yes, posted from my ipad mini.

Norm

Retired Administrator
As an Apple user I would not by an Ipad Mini unless the specs were equivalent to a full size ipad.

Norm

H-Man

Enlightened
As a broke college student majoring in enginnering, I would not buy an iPad mini unless I can buy it for the contents of my pocket: 23 cents.
I don't like the iThingToSpendMoneyOn because I can't justify spending that kind of money on anything but textbooks and prescription saftey glasses (my eyesight is so poor that I can't focus with the saftey glasses over my glasses, and I can't see without my glasses.)
I'm sticking to the laptop I found dumpster diveing for mobile posting:
Dell D630
2.4 ghz core 2 duo
32 GB ssd (I need to keep games off of it, so I used the smallest drive I could find, for 2 hours of labor in trade I got the 32 gb SSD)
4 GB ddr2 from another dumpster dive
13" WXGA display.
It may not be the nicest machine, but it sure beats the pentium M laptop that I got from another dumpster dive.
Sent from my computer.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
As an Apple user I would not by an Ipad Mini unless the specs were equivalent to a full size ipad.

Norm
Then all you'll need to do is wait for the next release. They had to hold back somewhere so they'll have something to upgrade to, to get ya to buy the new one next yr. There was absolutely no reason why they couldn't put a 'Retina' display on this one.

When I purchased the iPad 2 it's main purpose was as a second home computer. My wife and I have two boys so there was always a line for the desktop. Our iPad hardly if ever leaves the house, but, thinking out-of-the-box (the box being my life/house/situation) millions of people commute everyday by trains, buses, and car-pools. For them a smaller, easier carried mini makes perfect sense. However for users such as myself the larger screen iPad will continue to be the one purchased.

~ Chance

tbutter

Newly Enlightened
I turned off my Sig in tapatalk for the sake of everyone's sanity, however tapatalk is super nice on android

Pretbek

Newly Enlightened
Real men are not rich enough to replace their iPhone when they accidentally drop it.
That is why mine has a $2.39 rubber case from Monoprice.