"Sent from my iWhatever"

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

Great thread .......... with LOTS o' good HUMOR .

I also , save a lot of money , using just a single purpose phone , just for talkin.

~

I am proud to be using an old cell phone with no browser, no camera, no fancy gizmos, and no "sent from my whatever"attachedd to it. My phone does exactly what a cell phone is supposed to do, make calls andreceivee them that's it. No need to web browse, or watch video's, or take pictures. If someone else wants to do that with their phone, more power to them, but I'm perfectly happy with this old phone that does what it's supposed to do. Long live retro;)

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I beg to differ as the best one by far is

sent from the computational matrix of the planet determining the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.

I now feel it may have to become my personal mission to reply to every post I come across with one of the irritating tags and waste the time and effort of the poster, just as they have wasted everyone else's time.

sent from the left side of my brain.

I dont care to much for the robot race and would never let a damn fancy calculator send messages on my behalf!

Or the English language. WOW, you're right, there is a calculator on my smartphone. Cool! Thanks for the heads-up.

Common sense would dictate not goof-in on a dude with the username shankmasterflex, :welcome: ......just couldn't help myself.

~ Chance

TEEJ

Flashaholic
If I wasn't so busy staring into a mirror in the dark while sharpening knives, then I might have noticed what the treacherous machine was up to(o).

:)

We have members in the DARK?

I think some of the clever ones are amusing, and I do get that a lot of people want others to know that they are not at a desk and able to write a report for them, etc.

I turned that part off on my Droid, because every one I deal with in that context KNOWS I am in the field...and that I can't type anyway, etc....and more meaningless words just dilutes a message anyway.

I tend to read an entire post in one glance, so its not like the tag line takes extra time.....and the same posters tend to have the tags, and its just part of the scenery.

Its about the same as any one's sig line...a saying they like, a list of their lights or reviews, etc...I'm fine with it, as it often provides a quick link TO a review, etc....and rounds out a bit of personality here.

As for technophobia - Don't really suffer from it. I had a Blackberry, and it sucked...it WORKED, but was slow and clumsy to use, the screen was like a postage stamp, etc. Verizon upgraded me to a Droid a couple of years ago, and it was MUCH better, and the apps were cool...except my junk mail went through the ROOF, as it appears that 99% of the Droid apps are really designed to gather your info for marketers. So I might get an iphone next, as I expect the apps will be cleaner. :D

- Sent from my desktop computer for a change of pace, while thinking about knives being sharpened in the dark....

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Somewhere out there is a service where people are paying $1 a month to add the signature "sent from my Iphone" to their non-iphone outgoing emails. :ohgeez:

nbp

Flashaholic
Fortunately I was on my smartphone as I checked out shankmasterflex's profile. Then I could immediately Google 'cobbler', to make sure I was correct when I assumed he was a shoemaker and not a professional pie. What did I ever do without my iPhone?

;)

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I assumed he was a shoemaker and not a professional pie.

3063024748_7d252abc83_z.jpg

Sent from my Apple Pie

nbp

Flashaholic
Is it iOS5 compatible? I would like to be able to back it up to iCloud and autosync with my other devices.

jrmcferren

Enlightened
I think it is very annoying to say what device you are using, unless of course you are joking about it, like in this thread.

--
Sent from my Western Electric Model 500.