So I got kicked out of a summerschool class....

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand the things I said about him shouldnt influence my decision of whether or not I would attend his class, I was just angry at the time I wrote that. The thing is that he called me a schmuck, he embarrased me in front of my friends, and he talked crap about my future. I wont take that from a teacher. I dont care who he or she is. I'm not going back to that class...

rwolff

Enlightened
Mags, instead of "Shut up, you're not my teacher anymore...", a more appropriate break-in on his lecture would have been "So you're saying that if I don't straighten up, I'll wind up teaching an essay-writing course in summer school?". :devil:

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jumpmaster said:
Grox: Sorry -- I just don't have much tolerance for disrespect. I probably wouldn't kick someone out of my class if they were disrespectful once unless it was really blatant.

I share your view on this issue. There is a spectrum of disrespect ranging from friendly teasing to flouting orders and insubordination. Approaches to disrespect must firstly recognise this and secondly respond appropriately.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
rwolff said:
Mags, instead of "Shut up, you're not my teacher anymore...", a more appropriate break-in on his lecture would have been "So you're saying that if I don't straighten up, I'll wind up teaching an essay-writing course in summer school?". :devil:

oh, that would have been awsome.

-David

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think all the comments about him being bald and such are just ripples from the main problem, which is the ridiculing Mags endured. I know when I took the SAT essay section, I had to think for a while as to what I would write. I'm pretty sure they actually recommend you spend about 5 minutes brainstorming (planning out your introduction, two or three body paragraphs, and a conclusion) before you do any writing at all. It sounds like you were pressured into writing something that you hadn't even thought of yet, which is inappropriate, and not very helpful. After that, it sounds like the teacher was way out of line with his lecture, and I'm sure Mags said some things he otherwise wouldn't have said.

My only SAT preparation came in late 10th grade, but mostly 11th, when I actually took it. Anything done earlier than that, I see as being a bit silly, but if you're going to do it anyways, it shouldn't be anything stressful.

That's just my two cents.