Sofirn C01 for 2020

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sofirn once said no more C01 back in the yuji version so we all sighed in relief when the sophia was brought out and bought a slew. Can't speak for others but at $4 each and no cost shipping after $21(?) in total many paid no shipping fee.

When I first went to the site each color seemed to have started out with "500 remaining", which led me to think 500 were either already produced or would be as perhaps they had acquired 500 sophias for each color available. Conjecture on my part, but when I placed my last order they were down to the 200 and 300's for the body colors I bought.

Yuji LED's were sold in lots of 1000 at a time. Some reading this may remember when Scout24 had a load of Yujis on both flavors and shared them with us here.

Anyway, figure on no more C01's but if they do it a few years from now that'll be as cool as a polar bears toenails.

I'm sure in reality it will depend how fast they sell. If these go at the same pace as the originals, I'd imagine they will make more. If it takes them a couple years to sell off the full batch, I don't see why they would.

If I understood right, they bought 5,000 of the Sophia emitters, and plan to use all of them up. I don't know how many of the 670nm emitter.

I still have my Yuji's from Scout24, plus I have a whole bunch of the 3400K and 2300K Sophia's (as far as I understand their source) from rngwn. I need more time for projects to play with them in.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Bump:

I'd been wondering if the C01 Sophia was regulated or not. See, I've been using one for 2am nature runs a few years now with the same battery. It gets the pick about 30% of the time. Lately I'd noticed it was about as bright as the incan Solitaire that also gets picked at times.

Today at about 2am it suddenly went dark. I shut it off and back on. It lasted about 2 seconds and went dim again. I reached in the night stand, grabbed a new Rayovac and it went back to working again.

So yeah, it seems like it's regulated to turn off at a point when the battery goes below 1 volt.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Love that my Sofrin SP10 Pro is compatible with AA alkaline and Ni-MH cells. But likely just going to use the 14500 that came with it. If the clip was better designed, I'd have no qualms recommending it as a great side-switch EDC AA light. (Seriously that clip is terrible.) Even better, for those who insist on having a magnetic tailcap on their small EDC lights, good news! Sofrin makes an optional magnetic tailcap for that model.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
We need to get Sofirn to make a AA version.

They made it clear they didn't make much money off of the AAA versions and would not be making it again, so I doubt they'd be willing to do a AA version, especially with Yuji LEDs. The Sophia LED is brighter, but at least the one I got the tint is pretty meh. Just doesn't have that Yuji magic IMO.

I'd love to have a few of they did make a AA C01 with Yuji LEDs though or even a AA C01S with 5700K and 3500K 519As as the choice for emitters.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Bump

IMG_5668.jpeg

Left = Yuji; Right = Sophia

IMG_5671.jpeg

Left = Yuji; Right = Sophia

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I could find a spare C01 body. My yuji OD green one had an alkaleak battery and I could not get it out when it leaked. I kept the head for it and had to toss the body after many attempts to dislodge the battery. I only use lithiums in all mine now. I have a 100 lumen 4K on my kechain for a 2 or 3 years now. I can't remember the LED in that one, but it's nice.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I could find a spare C01 body. My yuji OD green one had an alkaleak battery and I could not get it out when it leaked. I kept the head for it and had to toss the body after many attempts to dislodge the battery. I only use lithiums in all mine now. I have a 100 lumen 4K on my kechain for a 2 or 3 years now. I can't remember the LED in that one, but it's nice.
Fenix E01 body works.
IMG_2810.jpg