Somebody please help me understand.....

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
AttaGirl said:
My bf collects Surefires. But not only does he collect them- he talk about them ALL the time. I see a few men out here in this forum that are the same with collecting and such and was wondering what the big deal is? It is only a flashlight right? My bf keeps wanting to buy me a Surefire-

:goodjob: AttaBoy!!!! :goodjob:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's really that bad, that he can't focus on anything else, he should probably consult a physician to see if it is what we call Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. However, the fact that he has a girlfriend would lead me to believe that it may not be that bad.

AttaGirl said:
My bf collects Surefires. But not only does he collect them- he talk about them ALL the time.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
AttaGirl said:
I mean I can see collecting certain things like guns, and.....ok so I can't think of anything else.
You see use in collecting guns, but not flashlights?!?!
Where the heck do you live... some sort of warzone that's always in sunlight? :shrug:

jhawkins1

Newly Enlightened
jtice said:
Some girls collect little porcelain dolls. ;)

You think us guys understand that one at all?

~John

Is it just me or are those dolls a little creepy?

Nothing creepy about a surefire !

Paladin

Enlightened
jch79 said:
Where the heck do you live... some sort of warzone that's always in sunlight? :shrug:

I consider my guns "fancy flashlight holders".:whistle:

Paladin

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
AttaGirl said:
My bf keeps wanting to buy me a Surefire- but I'm satisfied w/ my mag light.

That reminds me a bit of that Simpson's episode where Homer bought Marge a bowling ball for her birthday. Maybe, it's really for him!

highorder

Enlightened
when I read the first post, I couldn't help but think this might be my better half...

the odds are the guy in question is a forum member.

Geologist

Enlightened
something seems fishy - too many references to SF and Mag- makes me wonder. My wife would never say "I'm happy with a Mag" - too much brand recognition. Plus, how many members (especially with a first post like this one) would have an avatar ready to go? Maybe I need an avatar finally!

Just my 2C

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its a hobby and happens to be a tool as well. 10 years now with my wife and I gone through many hobbies such as RC, photography, flashlights, fishing, modified cars, hi-fi, LP collecting to name a few. I have always put my family and their needs first then only my hobbies comes in. Probably thats why she doesn't mind me spending my own money(not hers) on things that interests me so long as I provide for the family above the level of expectations. My wife also share the same hobbies especially in photography.
Try to know this hobby and talk to your bf. The relationship will be much better when you can share his enthusiasm as per my wife does to me.

Welding Rod

Newly Enlightened
jch79 said:
:shrug:

Why not collect guns with flashlights. The Surefire X200B and M910 gun lights are awesome... every flashlight guy should have at least one of each - they each just need good firearms to attach to.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Welding Rod said:
Why not collect guns with flashlights. The Surefire X200B and M910 gun lights are awesome... every flashlight guy should have at least one of each - they each just need good firearms to attach to.

or an X200A and a M900A.......:)

Creating light is fun. I think it appeals to something primal in us like building a fire. Using and collecting flashlights fulfills some kinda desire I think...

dw51

Enlightened

I showed my wife an M6 the other day and told her that she could get me one some day. She said she would rather get me another gun. Words I thought I'd never hear.

That reminds me a bit of that Simpson's episode where Homer bought Marge a bowling ball for her birthday. Maybe, it's really for him!

I tried that at Christmas and it didn't work. I bought my wife a E2W since they were on sale. I figured she wouldn't want it and it would be mine. No such luck. She's caught me with it a couple of times and told me to put it back in her purse. I was surprised to see she liked it.

dalekcommander

Newly Enlightened
People can be strange, what can I say?

However I do have an excellent reason for needing flashlights or rather "dark-suckers" (for you die hard Art Bell fans out there).

The monster under my bed is easily controlled by the monster that hides in my closet. But the only thing I know that controls that beast is a good flashlight!

KentuckyMike

Enlightened
dalekcommander said:
The monster under my bed is easily controlled by the monster that hides in my closet. But the only thing I know that controls that beast is a good flashlight!
Classic!!

In our own little way, I think each of us enjoys the power (philisophical, not electronic) involved in turning a flashlight on in the dark. Sort of like, "Let there be light..."

And we can all see how good it is. :grin2:

h_nu

Enlightened
Welcome to the forum.

I have to say that I'm impressed. You found the forum and joined so you can post. Keep trying to understand each other and you will be very happy.