baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
"How's the clip?"
"Does it tailstand?"
"Beamshots!!!"
"Is it a P60 host?"

"It feels likes it's better quality/more reliable."
"The anodization feels like it's thicker."
"I notice from samples of 1 that this light has a 2% longer runtime so it must be a more efficient driver."
"What tint is your beam since maybe your manufacturer somehow gets only the tint bins I want versus the other manufacturer."
"Ooooh shiny! :drool:"
"Can you remake that light into something completely different?"
"Everyone has exactly the same needs as me so you should just consult me the next time you design a light."
"Today I showed some poor scum that my light was much cooler/brighter than theirs. My virility is unchallenged!"
"(any comment about regulation)... and I think I will run it's boost only circuit in direct drive off a lithium-ion."
"It's a (insert brand name). It can't have failed like that. You are just trolling."

Last but not least my all time "favorite"
"...built like a tank." :sigh:

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Talking Points"

Ugh...do we have to use the same terminology that "the guy who is not fancy" uses repeatedly in his Youtube videos? :green:

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ugh...do we have to use the same terminology that "the guy who is not fancy" uses repeatedly in his Youtube videos? :green:

It's not his phrase. It sees pretty wide spread use in the public relations field in general. Whether it's a PR rep prepping their celebrity client for a press conference, or a politician or military leader's staff preparing them for a more personal meeting with a key leader, the phrase is widely used.

Of course that use is less tongue in cheek since they are themes to help guide the conversation to a desired endstate. In this thread they tend to be the themes that often lead us astray. :laughing:

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of my snarky comments were directed at those who have been around longer. :naughty:

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
"How do you EDC?"

"How do you EDC in your car"

"What is your EDC?"

"What is your EDC in a caribiner?"

"What does EDC mean?

My favorite from the product review forums at DX is "This $10 Alkoray K-109 is a pretty good deal for the money but it's a little on the expensive side"

"Can you recommend a light for me? I'm 6'1" if that matters and live in Chicago and mainly need it to walk around the house at night and I want it to be simple to operate and cheap but I want it to be programmable, with strobes and an attack bezel and it must tail stand and it needs a button up near the head. Oh and I want it to be bright, throw far and I need a lot of spill I think but I don't want it to wake the wife at night. What should I get? All recommendations are appreciated as long as I can use 4 D Cells"

headophile

Enlightened
My favorite from the product review forums at DX is "This $10 Alkoray K-109 is a pretty good deal for the money but it's a little on the expensive side"

"Can you recommend a light for me? I'm 6'1" if that matters and live in Chicago and mainly need it to walk around the house at night and I want it to be simple to operate and cheap but I want it to be programmable, with strobes and an attack bezel and it must tail stand and it needs a button up near the head. Oh and I want it to be bright, throw far and I need a lot of spill I think but I don't want it to wake the wife at night. What should I get? All recommendations are appreciated as long as I can use 4 D Cells"

:crackup::thumbsup:

joe1512

Enlightened
"I want a 2 inch long keychain flashlight that uses a AAA or CR2... oh yeah... it has to have a huge ASSAULT BEZEL for self defense!"

or...

Q: "I wanna buy a bright light from Home Depot"

A: "Ok, what you do is buy a 3D Maglite, then drill out the head, use your lathe and make a 3.851 cm diameter copper heat sink, then wire 17 Cree Q5-X emitters with a 100Ohm Resistor in parallel with the Driver. Carve out 17 little orange peel reflectors. Then, lathe out a battery tube so you can fit 6 18650s in 2xseries, 3xparallel to drive the emitters. Find some more copper and create giant fins 6 inches across and fit them onto the Copper heat sink in the pill.
There you go! A nice bright light with some minor modifications."

Last edited:

FrankW438

Newly Enlightened
"What color LED is best for preserving night vision?"

"C'mon, noob! Learn how to use the search function!"

"What is that whining noise?"

-- Frank

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some topics that get rehashed from time to time

"Hi I'm new here" and "Can you guys recommend me XYZ"or "I did not do a search"
Looking for a small AA light that has all the wow features and the kitchen sink
Self Defense, strobe and attack/strike bezels
LED vs Incan (this debate usually surfaces in a thread)
We want Beamshots! (usually posted until the pics are posted)
Surefire (any and everything related)

jblackwood

Enlightened
"What's so great about XYZ light?"
"A light made out of Ti? It can't conduct heat as well as meatball meat. Where's my meatball meat light?!?!?!"
"Should I get XYZ light or just wait for the next, best, and brightest??

flasherByNight

Enlightened
If you're around any forum long enough you begin to see topics/threads that are brought up consistently over and over again. Which is just the nature of forums....

However, at minimum having stickies and FAQ's will drastically reduce those threads which this forum imo is sorely lacking. For even veteran forum users, getting your feet wet here is extremely difficult due to the lack of some basic stickies. Just my 2c