standard flashlight talking points.....

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
If you're around any forum long enough you begin to see topics/threads that are brought up consistently over and over again. Which is just the nature of forums....

However, at minimum having stickies and FAQ's will drastically reduce those threads which this forum imo is sorely lacking. For even veteran forum users, getting your feet wet here is extremely difficult due to the lack of some basic stickies. Just my 2c

Agreed...since certain threads keep popping up, why not have a sticky that covers those topics. Forums are ill suited for archival purposes, since there is no organizational hierarchy within any given sub-forum. While I think many do completely ignore the search function, it can still only do so much.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the useless post like - "I don't know the answer to that but someone will be along shortly that does." or the standard "+1" or "+2"

+2 :D

You forgot the obvious follow up statement(s) as to WHY the follow up poster agrees with the quoted thread :thumbsup:

And the Elitist - "use the search feature!" :ohgeez:

Last edited:

bstrickler

Enlightened
I need a good LiIon charger. Any tips?

CPF guru: ... don't leave your charging lithium batteries unattended...

CPF veteran: ... LiIon batteries require supervision, never leave them unattended or charging overnight, even on a good charger...

CPF wise man: ... Most people will never have a a LiIon vent with flame but you should still not risk charging them while unattended, overnight for example.

CPF Enlightened: ... link to a thread showing exploding laptops and flashlights acting as battery mortars.

OK, thanks guys. The thing is, I'm going to charge them the way it's most convenient for me, so it would be overnight while I'm sleeping. The gas can is far enough away to not be a problem, plus I have pretty good ventilation. So what LiIon charger do you recommend for that?

:rolleyes: I'm guilty of leaving my li-ions in the charger for several days at a time occasionally. Just a matter of time before :poof:, if I keep doing that :ohgeez:

I've seen a few kind of like this (would have been that way, if they weren't lucky, but we'd be able to thank Darwin!), but this ones borderline.. I will edit it, if requested. I don't want to offend anyone.

"I recharged this lithium battery, and it blew up my twins off their body tube!! What was wrong with it?!" :ohgeez:

Last edited:

stallion2

Enlightened
i need a flashlight for hunting the world's deadliest prey...man. what is best?

this thread is awesome, i laughed my *** off the whole way through.

Burgess

Flashaholic
"Talk me outta' getting a New Flashlight."

That's like walking into a Bar, and saying:

"Talk me outta' having a Drink !"

:buddies:
_

LightJaguar

Enlightened
Hey guys I need some help with choosing a flashlight but I have no idea of what I want. You guys can help me right guys? Guys?

Why would anyone buy such an expensive flashlight?

Hey guys check out my Slime green flashlight that I have never used in real life. Heck its still in the box with the plastic wrap intact.

Wow guys my flashlight is so rare, its got a ding in the tail cap that was put there when the maker first started making them.

paulr

Flashaholic
Q: I need light for [specific purpose described in detail, that might call for something like a 100+ watt, vehicle mounted HID searchlight], what do you recommend?

A: [Suggestions of various brands of pocket LED lights no matter what the requirements are, even if it is clear from the requirements that a pocket LED light is absolutely unsuitable for the purpose and the OP knows this]

Moka

Enlightened
"Why do people keep calling it a M@g?" or some other derivation

"Is [insert crappy DX light here] any good?"

From us...
"Use the search function..."
"The welcome mat is a good place to start..."

stallion2

Enlightened
i'm gonna have to nominate a thread started yesterday as one of the most absurd yet awesome inquiries ever.

"What is a good bombproof light?"

ridiculous, original and actually makes you think...but not so much about lights.

"I'm never, NEVER, going to buy your stinkin' 900 OTF lumen light because it doesn't have a moonlight mode."

Found in new light user's thread:
"Eww, the tint is SOO green; I could live with anything but green"
followed by:
"Eww, the tint is SOO blue; I could live with anything but blue."
followed by:
"Eww, the tint is SOO cyan; I could live with anything but cyan."
followed by:
"The tint is cool white, I can live with it."
followed by:
"The tint is pure white, I love it!"
followed by:
"The tint is neutral, I couldn't be happier.lovecpf"