Super Bowl 2007

Greta

Flashaholic
So far my fav commercial is the Blockbuster one where the rabbit and guinea pig are using a real mouse as a computer mouse... :crackup:

Niteowl

Enlightened
BentHeadTX said:
It is 1:35 AM in Turkey and I am laughing :D
Since I am from Chicago it is not hard to figure out the team I am rooting for.... Da Bearssss. 92 yard kickoff return followed by intercepting Manning... yeah...
Makes staying up worth it!

Die-hard Cheesehead here........but I'm not sticking with the NFC for this one. The first few minutes were tough, but REX is at the helm.....HA!

Lookin' good for the Colts but there's five minutes left..

GO COLTS!!

Canuke

Enlightened
PhotonWrangler said:
Are they playing on natural grass or artificial turf? I don't see any mud asnd the field still looks pristeen, even with all that rain.

I thought it was turf at first too, but when they reviewed that Marvin Harrison catch, they talked about looking at the divot to be sure he was in bounds.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Canuke said:
I thought it was turf at first too, but when they reviewed that Marvin Harrison catch, they talked about looking at the divot to be sure he was in bounds.

Thanks. They must have a high tech drainage system under the field.

**EDIT** The Colts won. It's nice to see a win by a coach who has a reputation for never raising his voice or swearing.

Last edited:

Niteowl

Enlightened
Grats to Manning and Dungy....It's about time.

Condolences to Bears fans everywhere, I know exactly how you feel.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
Loved the turnovers. Fumble, recovered, only to fumble it back the very next play. Happened twice. Must be a slippery ball.

iveseenthelight

Newly Enlightened
wow, nice game and I am really glad Peyton finally got the monkey off his back, but man o man were the commercials a big time bummer...needless to say I will ALWAYS throw rock in rock/paper/scissors from now on.....:rock:

DrJ

Enlightened
Bears never really got to Manning like they needed to...and one too many interceptions for Grossman...Colts were clearly the better team today.....

Running the opening kickoff back for a TD...well that was pure Chicago Style....

Half time show was a yawner...the commercials were IMHO subpar...the jet aircraft flyover at the beginning was tops....

Last edited:

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Draggin' a bit of butt today since the game was over at 5 AM my time. :( The Bears lost because... they went into hybernation early in typical Chicago sports teams style (there is another half? CHOKE!)

Oh well, at least I should see them again in another super bowl soon... 2028 maybe? Congrats to the Colts for flat-out winning that game. I think I am taking Rex off my Christmas list :mad:

Niteowl said:
Die-hard Cheesehead here........but I'm not sticking with the NFC for this one. The first few minutes were tough, but REX is at the helm.....HA!

Lookin' good for the Colts but there's five minutes left..

GO COLTS!!

St8kout

Newly Enlightened
I know I'm going to catch hell for this, but I can't believe that so many people thought the Bears could pull it off, except by a fluke. I never had any doubt that the Colts would win, as long as they didn't lose any key players due to injury.

This should have been their second trip to the SuperBowl in as many years.

Ok, flame suit on as I duck for cover...

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
I knew the colts would win at the national anthem. They showed a Colts player mouthing the words and a Bears player was chewing gum. The bears woulda' won if they loved america!

DrJ

Enlightened
Only predictions made before the game are valid...those made after the game is over are just a waste of time....

St8kout

Newly Enlightened
All you had to do is look at who they had to play to get there.

And the Bears so-called undefeated season was brought to an end by the....Dolphins(?!?), the worst team in the league at the time. They had a much easier trip to the SuperBowl than the Colts.

TorchMan

Enlightened
A good portion of the credit for the win should go to the Colt's D. They kept up the level of play of the other playoff games. This was a vulnerable defense during much of the season. Chicago also lost Cedric Benson, taking away the one - two punch. Not sure how much difference that really made. Rex made a few too many errors, and a couple times I thought he should have run with it instead of throwing.

The Colt's offense ran the ball quite well. Bears D was on the field a lot, but a lot of that was their own doing. Peyton was killing them with short passes throughout the game. He made some mistakes, but the Colt's team effort made them less of an issue. Not to take anything away from him, but as great as he is, he could have played better in the Water Bowl. Speaking of which, the rain seemed to bother the Bears much more than the Colts.

A solid bunch of commercials, a few of which have already been mentioned. The fan written Doritos commercial was a good one as well. I think the worst one was probably FedEx on the moon. From all the fuss that was made about it, the Federline commercial seemed pretty tame, and maybe a bit prophetic!

Latest posts