• Battery: Integrated Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery
  • Dimensions: 2.25″ x 2.0″ x 0.9″
  • Weight with Batteries: 3.7 oz.
  • MSRP: $495

2211_Runtime.png

Full review should be coming sometime next week. :thumbsup:

bnemmie

Enlightened
I can't wait for the review. I have been thinking about pulling the trigger on the 2211 ever since they announced it. Thanks for the runtime chart.

S1LVA

Enlightened
I am curious about the UI. I cant seem to find anything out there. Id be interested in this light if it could be started up on Low first then to Med and High. I am guessing it is HML because it is 'tactical'.

S1LVA

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can take care of that...there are two ways to activate the 2211. With a single press of either switch, the 2211 cycles through high-low-off. If both switches are pressed, low is activated and the 2211 cycles through low-med-high when the switch is held (stopping at high).

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, that are really excellent run times. I really hope the edition with the Luminox watch is coming soon, so I can replace my Traser watch with it.

Jonnyg7lus

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, I received my 2211 last week and it is very good the light comes on in full power mode by pressing either switch if you press again within 1.5 seconds it drops to low power setting. To access the middle setting both buttons are to be pressed together, The light will cycle through all 3 modes. The light has no reflector to speak of just its solid lens that gives a wide angle beam giving great lighting a close range and powerful enough at medium ranges. The design is great and stylish the only issue so far is that the peak of the bezel is prone to getting knocked and will wear quickly its a shame that surefire don't provide a rubber case to stop it getting scratched. I use he light for police work but don't use fire arms, the hands free option is great and can be accessed quickly without reaching for a flashlight. It does cost a lot over this side of the pond.
many thanks
Jon

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the Luminox they are using has a street price around $200, so my guess is that the Luminox version will be MSRP $695, which means the best price you will be able to get it for is $438.

Ragnar66

Enlightened
Damn thats a high price.......and with a very specific use it makes me wonder if these will sell. Gotta love the surefire line though......

Patriot

Flashaholic
Great review Robin24K! Thank you!

You've got to appreciate some of the innovation coming out of the Surefire camp as of late. Without having had this light in my hands, I've only got one glaring gripe with what seems to be a complete oversight on SF's part.

Radius or bevel that head dudes! It's sticks up at a 45degree angle with a 90degree corner! :ohgeez:
SF2211_11_zpsb2ee7bf3.jpg

Last edited:

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Radius or bevel that head dudes! It's stick up at a 45degree angle with a 90degree corner!

I was thinking exactly the same when I saw that picture. It is definitely going to scratch things you don't want scratched. And the anodizing will soon disappear from that edge.

Patriot

Flashaholic
The design is great and stylish the only issue so far is that the peak of the bezel is prone to getting knocked and will wear quickly its a shame that surefire don't provide a rubber case to stop it getting scratched.

I just read your post and saw that you keyed in on the exact same thing. It is "a shame" because they obviously did so much work on this little gem but then overlooked one beacon of a detail that any of the ergonomics people should have spotted from 3 feet away. It's the kind of mistake one or two people make on a prototype fresh out of the CNC machine but as soon as it makes it to the design team table, the other 5 people immediately point out the flaw (like we've done) and work out the best correction.....simple bevel, complex bevel, round, reshape, what ever.

Once Surefire brings something to market they're not going to retool and change it either. We either just live with it and over look it or pass on the purchase. This is the type of light that I find fascinating and could really use but I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay a premium price for something that I look at for 5 seconds and think to myself, "what the heck?":shrug:

Jonnyg7lus

Newly Enlightened
Hello all I thought I'd share my solution to the 2211 raised bevel problem. Kydex made by a fiend whom makes weapon holsters and it works very well and simply clips off and on.
i also had the rear USB port covered as it help with water proofing which is my big problem surefire says its only water resistant. Great light though especially now I don't have to be paranoid about scratching it.

CB6382E7-9128-4605-9DC9-A9527A2F6A07-812-0000014161FB4D7C.jpg

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
i also had the rear USB port covered as it help with water proofing which is my big problem surefire says its only water resistant.
Although it's not mentioned in any of the literature, the information I got from the 2211's product manager is that it's rated IPX7, and the USB port is sealed on the inside.